Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pride and Prejudice movie

Pride and Prejudice (1980)
BBC TV mini-series
my 1st viewing

Director: Cyril Coke
Writer: Fay Weldon
Based on book: by Jane Austen
Rating: 5

Elizabeth Garvie plays Elizabeth Bennet
David Rintoul plays Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy

This starts out my Jane in June (hosted by Book Rat) posts for the month. I will be catching up on Jane Austen DVDs in my to watch pile. Instead of my usual two bits review, I will be posting the basic info like above and then random blips and bloops inspired by the movie.

The hubby thought Darcy was overplayed. I thought Darcy felt more like a Bronte character than an Austen one during the non-emotional scenes.

Dark and Brooding Darcy

This DVD is of a tv series and is made up of 5 episodes. So it was not your normal 2 hour-ish movie. Being longer, there are more details and allows more scenes to be seen. What was different about this movie adaptation is that you also get some segments where Elizabeth reflects about her situation. One part that was interesting is that we hear her thoughts about her parents and their relationship.

~*~

* part of my Jane in June - other Jane in June links

* make sure to check out the main site for Book Rat's - Jane in June for all the reviews, interviews and giveaways galore!!!

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu