Monday, September 13, 2010

Zombie News Flash: Interview with a Zombie


Received from an iDevice...

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Lori Devoti
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


Zombie Interview by Lori Devoti


Bio: Zeen Lewis, twenty two at time of death/change. Lover of all things anti.
Zeen is engaged in a traffic stop...stopping traffic that is.

LD: So, rumor has it you volunteered to be a zombie. What on earth for?

Zeen: Did you see that asshole cut me off? I can't believe some people's nerve.

She glances at a body-less arm she's been holding since I arrived. With a grin, she forces three of the dead fingers toward the palm, then waves the arm overhead, flashing the 'asshole' in question the bird.

Yeah, run, she yells. That's what you should do.

She drops the hand and looks back at me.

What was your question?

LD: So, you're enjoying being a zombie? Would you recommend it to your friends?

Zeen: Her gaze darting over the traffic jam, she shrugs.

Yeah, sure, whatever. Is that a school bus back there?

LD: After assuring Zeen there's no school bus within a hundred miles, I continue.

How's the dating life? How about clubs? Any hot spots for zombies?

Zeen: Dating? Clubs? Who has time for that? I don't look for action anymore. I make action.

She jumps onto the hood of a SUV and kicks out the windshield. The driver's side door flies open. A man dressed in khakis and a polo shirt falls onto the pavement.

Zeen, busy jumping up and down on the vehicle's hood doesn't seem to notice.


LD: If you could have become any other creature what would it have been?

Zeen: She stops jumping and takes two giant steps toward me. Still on the hood, she stares down at me.

Not a goddamn vampire, that's for sure. Freaking fourteen-year-olds have ruined them for everyone. T-shirts, sparkles.

She rolls her eyes.

For a moment I'm afraid one might fall out.

I step back.

When I'm confident she isn't about to lose any necessary parts, I continue.


LD: How do you feel about zombie hunters?

Zeen: Taste like chicken.

She grins.

There's a bit of something stuck in her front teeth.

I don't ask.


~end

Zombie Interview by Lori Devoti
Based on character from Zombie Moon. © 2010. All rights reserved.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Lori Devoti
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


*** Zombie Book Giveaway courtesy of author ***

Zombie Moon
by Lori Devoti

sign up for this book giveaway on Wednesday

AND

Visit Lori's site to win a Kindle



=== September Zombies schedule of events===
with links to posts and giveaways from the other Zombiettes


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu