Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It by Adam Selzer

I Kissed A Zombie And I Liked It
by Adam Selzer

Published: 2010
Genre: Romance, Zombies, YA
Paperback: 192 pages
Rating: 4

Description from the amazon:
Algonquin “Ali” Rhodes, the high school newspaper’s music critic, meets an intriguing singer, Doug, while reviewing a gig. He’s a weird-looking guy—goth, but he seems sincere about it, like maybe he was into it back before it was cool. She introduces herself after the set, asking if he lives in Cornersville, and he replies, in his slow, quiet murmur, “Well, I don’t really live there, exactly. . . .”

When Ali and Doug start dating, Ali is falling so hard she doesn’t notice a few odd signs: he never changes clothes, his head is a funny shape, and he says practically nothing out loud. Finally Marie, the school paper’s fashion editor, points out the obvious: Doug isn’t just a really sincere goth. He’s a zombie.

Horrified that her feelings could have allowed her to overlook such a flaw, Ali breaks up with Doug, but learns that zombies are awfully hard to get rid of—at the same time she learns that vampires, a group as tightly-knit as the mafia, don’t think much of music critics who make fun of vampires in reviews. . . .

My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): versmote
Sweet light zombie read where the zombies are somewhat functional and not raving or gory. But yes, you have some Brainnnnnnsssssss action ;-D

I liked the music element brought into the mix.

One of the song's that zombie Doug sang that captured Ali's heart: Cole Porter's I Get A Kick Out Of You sung by Billie Holiday



* note: Billie rocks!

*** Zombie Book Giveaway ***

Open to all.

Offer ends: September 30, 2010

TO DO (2-parts):

1. Sign guestbook (if you haven't already).

2. Visit Adam's site and from the list of Possible Follow-up Titles, which do you like best?


*** Zombiette Book Giveaway ***

You can also win this book at
the epic rat


~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

=== September Zombies schedule of events ===
with links to posts and giveaways from the other Zombiettes


25 comments:

  1. They were all HILARIOUS but I liked I Kissed a Fairy and If Anyone Says Something Snarky I'll Punch 'em! :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Kissed a Vampire and it Sucked
    I Kissed a Demon and it was Heavenly
    I Kissed Another Vampire and I'm Kinda Starting to Feel Cheap

    I like these 3 the best! If I have to choose one.. probably the demon one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Showing my taste for bad movies here but there was one title that outshone all the others:
    I Kissed Vincent Price And Oh My God I'm So Confused

    Brilliant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahahahaha

    They are all fangtastic titles, very very hard to choose! Going with:
    I Kissed a Vampire and It Sucked
    I Kissed a Headless Horseman and You'll Never Guess WHERE

    This book sounds great, it's immediately going to front of my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved them all lol

    But this one is my favourite: I Kissed a Mummy and Now I Need a Tissue

    Just cause I would want to read that book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Signed the guestbook.
    I like I Kissed a Vampire and it Sucked best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one I like best would be I Kissed a Vampire and it Sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that the soundtrack was awesome - one of my favorite parts of the book. And the snark, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "I Kissed an Alien and it was Nothing to Phone Home About!"
    I love this one!
    It cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked I kissed the headless horseman and you'll never guess where.
    twoofakind12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked "I Kissed Vincent Price And Oh My God I'm So Confused".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Kissed a Vampire and it Sucked
    I Kissed a Werewolf And Got Hairballs
    I Kissed a Mummy and Now I Need a Tissue

    I just love a good funny paranormal.

    (\___/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
    http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hands down : I Kissed a Vampire and it Sucked! HAHAHAHAH!

    lesly7ch(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Kissed a Fairy and If Anyone Says Anything Snarky, I'll Punch 'Em is hi-larious!
    Great revew, V!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one made me lol: I Kissed a Headless Horseman And You'll Never Guess WHERE
    *giggle*

    Love the cover! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. This one seems like it would be a soft intro into the Zombie romance world.

    As for the titles I am crackin' up here.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I liked all of them, they're hilarious.

    I kissed a Demon and it was Heavenly.
    I kissed a Vampire and It Sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I signed the guestbook.

    I really liked I Kissed Another Vampire And I'm Kinda Starting To Feel Cheap.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are all good but I like I Kissed A Vampire And It Sucked the best!

    Thanks for the contest!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. "I kissed a Vampire and It Sucked" is one of the best, definetly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like this one:
    I Kissed a Headless Horseman And You'll Never Guess WHERE

    um...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I Kissed a Headless Horseman And You'll Never Guess WHERE is totally my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I Kissed a Werewolf And Got Hairballs was my favorite, but they're all a riot!

    k_sunshine1977 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. My two favourite were these:

    I Kissed a Frankenstein and Went to Pieces
    I Kissed an Alien and it was Nothing to Phone Home About

    stella.exlibris (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I liked: I Kissed a Demon and it was Heavenly

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu