Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Once Upon A Week theme


Once Upon a Week
hosted by Not Nessie of Today's Adventure
November 2-6, 2009

Celebrate the fairy tales and fairy tales retold that we love. Be on the lookout for reviews, interviews, contests, more... all with a fairy tale theme.

I thought I'd join in with a little something after reading the awesome Fairy Tale posts by Misty of Book Rat.

I'll be reading:

Fables: War and Pieces by Bill Willingham - my review
-I actually started this during the October read-a-thon, but haven't had a chance to finish and review it. So, this week I will ;-D

Never After (anthology):

Can He Bake A Cherry Pie?
by Laurell K. Hamilton - my review

The Shadow of Mist
by Yasmine Galenorn - my review

The Tangleroot Palace
by Marjorie M. Liu

The Wrong Bridegroom
by Sharon Shinn


-I just picked this up during my lunch break.

-I decided to just read this for the week.

For now you can check out my previous fairy tale review:

Enchantment
by Orson Scott Card - my review
-a re-telling of Sleeping Beauty

Memes:

Fairy Tale - interview with my Prince Charming

Fairy Tale Haiku of Cinderella

Misc:


I grew up with the Disney fairy tales and have yet to read Grimm's Fairy Tales.

At present, my favorite is Cinderella.

Do you have a favorite fairy tale?

5 comments:

  1. Is that the first volume of Fables? I read the first, and liked but not loved it. I've been meaning to read more, because I have a feeling they get better, but it hasn't made it very far up my to-do list.I have many favorite fairy tales... ;p So long as they're NOT Disney, I guess. I mentioned a few different ones in my interviews (with Jo and Emilee), but one I forgot was Rumpelstiltskin. I am fascinated by that tale...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty - it is volume 11 of fables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite fairy tales were always Beauty and the Beast and The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I had a period in 7th or 8th grade where I read all of the fairy tales and myths that my school library had. It would be fun to revisit these tales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Fables!!!

    My favorite fairy tale is Hans Christian Andersen's version of The Little Mermaid. It's much more gruesome and sad than the Disney version. Beauty and the Beast is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of the fairy tales, but my favorite (right now) is the Princess and the Frog. I read a really great retelling of it a couple years ago called Water Song. Quality stuff. Enjoy fairy tale week! I've got Peter and Max, a Fables novel, sitting in the TBR pile. Maybe I'll get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu