Saturday, September 24, 2011

Zombie update from: Wheeling Hill


~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Krysykat of Because I Said So!
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

Dear vvb,

The sun was just cresting Wheeling Hill and the indigo sky was slowly turning azure when the fire station started its alarm. Waking up to the alarm wasn’t unusual, but the accompanying screams kept me going back to sleep. At first I thought it was the neighborhood animals crying out in response to the bellowing fire alarm but it quickly became clear to me that they were screams from human throats. A glance out my window showed the source of the ear-shattering screams, the dead.

I’m not proud of what I did next, I’m truly not, but I laughed I mean zombies really? Is this some sort of Romero flick; are there cameras in the trees? Once my hysterical laughter came to a grinding halt I took stock of what I had on hand to defend myself, nothing much I can tell you, the only thing usable that wouldn’t make even the deadest zombie laugh at me (I’m serious, a freaky looking Arctic Tern lamp and a squeaky rubber bat would make those bloody zombies laugh at me if I used them) was a machete.

Now I’m not a very strong person, fast but not strong so bearing that in mind when I left my house to get to my neighbor’s was more like “Amazing Race” than “American Gladiators”, I was bobbing and weaving around those pesky automatons with wild abandon. I made it to the door with no bites or scratches (Yay! Go me!). So it should have come to no surprise to me that no one was home, story of my life, at least they had guns.

The next few weeks were spent shooting anything that came close to the windows, rationing food and making a plan, a plan that would I’m sorry to say would never get acted upon, you see a few of the dead broke in and the rest is history.


Being a zombie isn’t so bad, I could live without the smell but beggars can’t be choosers.

Wishing you were here,
Krysykat

p.s. Sorry I had to type this instead of it being handwritten but my fingers kept dropping the pencil so that personal touch was out of the running.

p.s.s. I got one of my more tech savvy brethren to take a picture of me for you. Enjoy!

~end

Guest post created for September Zombies event by Krysykat of Because I Said So!
© 2011. All rights reserved.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Krysykat of Because I Said So!
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

NOW, head over to Krysykat of Because I Said So! for a zombie review of...

My Life as A White Trash Zombie
by Diana Rowland


~*~

* header image source

=== September Zombies schedule ===


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu