Monday, October 19, 2009

Pemberley Ball - 2 RSVP


Pemberley Ball
November 20-22, 2009
3-day party

event postings will be up each day
from 6pm - 8pm PST
(if possible, pop in for 5 minutes)


Thank you for your interest in participating in the Pemberley Ball. It will be a kind of role-playing interactive blog game. What is this you ask? Well, you'll have to join in to find out the details. But basically, I (or actually my Regency persona, Lady Vee) will be posting festivities for you to participate in every 15 minutes from 6pm to 8pm PST each day. As guests, you can react and comment to the posts. So be as creative as you like. Also, giveaway prize posts will appear throughout the party.

Please take the time to RSVP. Those who do will be eligible to win a copy of the Pride and Prejudice graphic novel.

Non-RSVP'd guests are welcome to join just comment below or crash the party.

*** Giveaway ***

Open to all.

Offer ends November 29, 2009.

To RSVP, please do the following:

1. Select a Regency persona character

The persona name should be the one that you will be signing with per comment.

Here is a sample comment for a festivity post:

I hope there is more of those lime tarts. Miss Charlotte has really outdone herself with these tasty treats.

Lady Vee proceeds around the buffet table to view the other pastries on display.

-Lady Vee

2. Create a Pemberley Ball RSVP blog post with a link to the Invitation page so that others may join us. (see Lady Vee's RSVP sample) Include your link in your comment post here.

3. Don't forget to include your email address with comment.

Extra points for giveaway:

If you're so inclined add these to your Pemberley Ball RSVP post:

+5 description of your persona

+3 picture of the virtual gown you'll be wearing

+2 picture of you're favorite Darcy

+1 per tweet, facebook, & etc.

Sample RSVP for my Lady Vee persona can be seen here.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Contest has ended - winner is here
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

*Male personas are welcome. Although as the party is primarily a Darcy love-fest be warned. Ladies may not bat an eye towards you. ;-D

*inspired by the Everything Austen Challenge hosted by Stephanie's Written Word

*back to Invitation

*header image source: Background Fairy


19 comments:

  1. Those days are already booked in my schedule...too bad! I'll be watching the fun from the sidelines. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, I'm in!
    http://readdbooks.blogspot.com/2009/10/pemberley-ball-rsvp.html

    milkavainamo@lyseo.edu.ouka.fi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ow, I won't be able to participate, already a busy week for me and I'm not even sure if I'll have the time to go on the internet... I'm so disappointed, that's such a cool event !

    And Velvet, Mr Darcy told me that something awaited you here (before you go, I'm warning you : it's not Mr Darcy in a wet and white shirt...! Sorry...!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so there! This is the absolute coolest thing ever!

    I will be Lady Godiva

    Here is my RSVP post: http://gofita.blogspot.com/2009/10/pemberley-ball-rsvp.html
    +5 I included a description
    +3 Pic of gown I'll be wearing
    +2 My Mr. Darcy
    +1 My tweet: http://twitter.com/Gofita/status/5021621263
    +1 Another Tweet: http://twitter.com/Gofita/status/5021727892

    hmsgofita at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so awesome, Velvet!! I'm definitely in =)

    http://atpemberley.blogspot.com/2009/10/pemberley-ball-rsvp.html

    kals.stargazer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I am really looking forward to the ball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back and IN ! Thank you Velvet for your nice email, and thank you Blogger for your advance-post-option-thingy !
    I shall therefore be Miss Madeleine.

    Here is my Pemberley Ball RSVP post.

    +5 Description of my persona
    +3 Picture of the virtual gown I'll be wearing
    +2 Picture of my favorite Darcy

    thebookonthehill@hotmail.fr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is too much fun.
    Here is my RSVP
    +5 description
    +3 my gown
    +2 my Darcy

    ~Misté, la Marquessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Velvet, sounds like fun.
    +5 description
    +3 gown
    +2 Darcy

    Lady Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw Gofita is going as Lady Godiva. She will be wearing a dress this time, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun! I will attend as Lady Fiona Percy. Here is my RSVP: http://thefashionplanner.blogspot.com/2009/11/pemberley-ball-rsvp.html

    +5 description of your persona

    +3 picture of the virtual gown you'll be wearing

    +2 picture of you're favorite Darcy

    akaleistar (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like so much fun; count me in!

    I will be the Duchess du Lac, and I've posted my RSVP here at my blog: http://thecourtiersbook.blogspot.com/2009/11/sunday-dinner.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will be in attendance, but do have a pressing engagement on the evening of Saturday -- a murder mystery to solve. Thank you for sharing this event with us! ~~ Lady Anne Wray at Bedfordshire

    http://zqueenbees.blogspot.com/2009/11/pemberley-ball.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. IO thought I had RSVP's but did not see my name on the guest list... "Horrors!" Imagine what The Darcy's would think!

    I am also looking for the place to pick my persona and may have my corset too tight as I am not seeing it.

    I will keep looking....

    journey through books @ gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok... if I was suppose to come up with a persona I would attend as Marianne Dashwood. I will be back with a post link later.

    I am currently having the Barouche detailed.... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Due to a strike I received the personal invitation to late to send you a RSVP, so now I'm crashing the party.
    Where's the cake?

    btw I'm incognito.
    sssttt
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aha... time difference!
    A worldwide party within two evening hours?
    Pssst English time?!
    Darcy lives on my side of the globe, nanananana.
    ~~~~~we are dancing away to the next room~~~~~~>
    (both incognito)
    :oD

    ReplyDelete
  18. Alas, I forgot to do my positing before the event, of my RSVP I attended as Lady Elizabeth Richardson, the youngest daughter and child of Lord Daniel [the XX Earl of Escombe] and Lady Edythe Richardson's 3 children. I have an elder brother Lord Richard and his wife Lady Angelique who currently reside not far from their parents in Saxon Green. My elder sister is lately married last summer and she is currently in her last stage of confinement as they are awaiting the birth of their first child whom they hope will be a boy. I am here in hopes of attracting the attentions of a proper gentleman who will not be put off by my mere £ 100,000 dowry. While I know it is too late to post the invite on it I will post the dress and Darcy info on my blog.

    http://austenwodehouse.blogspot.com/2009/11/pemberley-ball.html

    +5 description
    +2 Darcy
    +3 Gown

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu