Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mad Men s3.7


Mad Men Season 3, Episode 7
Seven Twenty Three
Sunday night on AMC
Betty becomes involved in local politics; a troubling incident leads Don to begin thinking about his future; and Peggy is on the receiving end of an exquisite gift.

My thoughts:
-my weekly segment
-for a great recap go to What's Alan Watching?

Peggy - for me, the pegster was the center of attention this week. She and Duck do not make a couple in my eyes. ugh. Peggy is certainly learning the game of moving to the top. Poor thing though with her attempt to clinch a Hilton project from Don. She is assertive, but maybe too much? She's got to temper it and me smooth like Joan. 

Betty - an Anthropology major? Wonder what her career path would have been if she hadn't gotten married. I can't see her doing fieldwork. She's so beautiful on the outside, but not on the inside. I'm having a hard time liking her character. I would love to see her character grow but not in the direction of adultery or divorce. 

Sally - has her head in a box - literally, to see the eclipse of the sun

Miss Farrell - stay away from Don!

Joan - no Joan this week :-(

Quote that got me:

You're good, you can do better. -Don to Peggy

Blogosphere bits:


When Peggy admired her Hermes scarf gift from Duck, I just had to go online to check out the current collection at the Hermes site. The one that caught my eye is the one pictured here. (view it bigger here) It made me think steampunk with its various airships and hot air balloons.




Excerpt(s):

Al Norton: Has there been anything that has surprised you this season in terms of her development? Maybe something where Peggy's reaction was in character for her but it still surprised you a bit? 

Elisabeth Moss: There is something really big coming up in the last episode but I can't talk about it yet. That is definitely going to be something that fits that description, but let me think of something else that I can talk about…I would have to say the pot smoking, The way she acts when she is high. I will go on record as saying I don't do drugs and totally disapprove of all drug use so it was a little hard for me to portray that but what I loved about the way that she was high is something that Matt (Weiner, Mad Men creator and executive producer) and I discussed; she's not high in a college frat way, she actually becomes more confident and maybe even a little smarter. She fully embraces who she is and becomes this swaggering, confident person and I loved playing that. To me that was something that was in character for her but still surprising. 

Al Norton: So what are you allowed to tell me about the rest of the Mad Men season? 

Elisabeth Moss: I know I am biased but it's so good. There are some pretty incredible things coming up, some surprises and some things that are just plain brilliant. I've heard Matt say it, I've heard Jon Hamm say it, and I agree totally; this season is about change, it's about this period of time when we were really starting to leave something behind and go into a new time in the country where things were much, much different. You can really see that this season on the show. 

Found some food related articles with recipes:

The Jamaican Avocado balls sound delish.

I'm not much of a drinker but it was interesting to see what drinks paired up with the characters.


Mad Men and Sesame Street Mashup



A happy Don???

Wikipedia says - In a modern context a sycophant is a servile person who, acting in his or her own self-interest, attempts to win favor by flattering one or more influential persons, or by saying lies against a fellow citizen for gaining a kind of profit. A person who is Toady. - ribbit

*Bravo! for Mad Men 2009 Emmy award wins for Outstanding Drama and Outstanding Writing for a Drama Series!

*Don't forget to checkout The Footnotes of Mad Men

*source of header image

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu