Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tweedles

Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Agreed to have a battle;
For Tweedledum said Tweedledee
Had spoiled his nice new rattle.
Just then flew down a monstrous crow,
As black as a tar-barrel;
Which frightened both the heroes so,
They quite forgot their quarrel.

--nursery rhyme

* This duo are my favorite characters in Alice in Wonderland. Who is yours?

* image of T&T from Tim Burton's latest film creation of Alice in Wonderland (with a 19 year old Alice ?!?) to be released March 5, 2010 - mark your calendar!

* I was first exposed to this pair in Disney's Alice and Wonderland film. I didn't know that Tweedledum and Tweedledee appear in the sequel to Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll --> Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.

* This is part of The Neverending Shelf's Alice in Wonderland Week, October 7 - 14, 2009 which I spotted on Ellz Read's Mad Hatter's Tea Party post.


3 comments:

  1. I have to say, T&T look kind of creepy in Burton's film still...but I'll go see the movie! My favorite character was the walrus, I think. Or maybe that hopped-up caterpillar. Lots of crazies to pick from! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize it was Alice in Wonderland week! The Tweedles look so funny.I'm not sure who my favorite character would be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these two are really creepy. Going back and thinking about the first time I saw Alice, it is kind of scary, esp for a kid. Great post. I think the new movie looks great!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu