Monday, October 26, 2009

Steampunk Weekly - 4


Steampunk Hat
another must-have accessory
usually a Victorian-style top a hat


Here's one you can get at Gypsy Lady Hat.


I created some steampunk-related posts over the weekend during the Read-a-thon session. Give a read if you haven't already:

Trickster in a Suit of Lights: Thoughts on the Modern Short Story
by Michael Chabon

Benediction: Excerpt from The Warlord of the Air
by Michael Moorcock

Around the World in 80 Days or not


Blogosphere bits:

Pick up a free copy of the online magazine

Steampunk Magazine
- Lifestyle
- Mad Science
- Theory
- Fiction

Steampunk themed Haunted House

October is Steampunk month at Tor.

*** Steampunk Giveaways ***

Don't forget to sign up for your chance to win a copy of Gail Carriger's Soulless.


*my weekly post on things steampunk (Victorian sci-fi/fantasy)

*totally inspired by steampunk posts written by Celia of adventures of cecelia bedelia

7 comments:

  1. I really like your steampunk themed stuff. I love that there are so many fantasy novels taking place in the 19th century now, steampunk or no. They're SO FUN and all genteel :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steampunk. Went to a con this weekend and there was steampunk as far as the eye could see. It's everywhere and it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I were 30 years younger! I think the steampunk stuff is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool links! I adore Steampunk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary D

    I am with you, Lisa - this steampunk stuff is incredibly cool (I want that HAT hehe). Really, what they are 'doing' with the YA and Victorian genres is wonderful, I never thought I could get so 'into' this, but it's a lot of fun and very addictive :D

    p.s. my grown kids would lock me up if they ever saw me wearing that hat :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, awesome. I have to sort of agree with Mary...don't know if I'd be able to escape criticism while wearing that hat, but I can dream... :) Love these posts!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu