by Jeannie Lin
Genre: China, Romance
Paperback: 288 pages
Description from the amazon:
During China's infamous Tang Dynasty, a time awash with luxury yet littered with deadly intrigues and fallen royalty, betrayed Princess Ai Li flees before her wedding.
Miles from home, with only her delicate butterfly swords for defense, she enlists the reluctant protection of a blue-eyed warrior…
Mine, he thought as the blood rushed through his skull. For as long as she would have him. To the ends of the earth if she needed him there. He was a fool.
- location 2224, chapter 14
Excellent balance of martial arts action and romance with a chinese historical backdrop.
Loved how the female lead possessed a strong will and courage to forge her own way.
* ebook review copy from originally from NetGalley
* check out Jeannie's guest post on butterfly swords
Ryam - the love interest
* check out Jeannie's trading cards
* part of Women Wielding Blades event