Thursday, September 24, 2009

Agency dress

If books were dresses...

(a weekly post where I create fashionable wear with book cover art)

The Agency
A Spy In the House
by Y.S. Lee - my review

Released date: September 2009



a mystery...

Description from amazon.com:
This is a colourful, action-packed Victorian detective novel centred around the exploits of 'agent' Mary Quinn. At a young age, Mary is rescued from the gallows by a woman masquerading as a prison warden. She is taken to Miss Scrimshaw's Academy for Girls. The school, Mary learns, is a front for a private investigation agency and, at 17, she is taken on as an agent. In her new role she is catapulted into the family home of the Thorolds to investigate the shady business dealings of Mr Thorold.

I have this book on my bookshelf and will be reading it next week for part of my R.I.P. challenge.

*source for silhoutte
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu