Friday, August 28, 2009

R.I.P. IV challenge

R.I.P. IV challenge
hosted by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings
~~ completed ~~

This challenge is simply irresistible for this time of year.

It is also a great way to get credit for some zombie reading you may already be doing for September Zombies week.

Let's get spooky together! Join in!

Details:
There are two simple goals to the
R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril Challenge:

1. Have fun reading.

2. Share that fun with others.

Deadline:
September 1 - October 31, 2009

Select from these genres and pick your peril:

Mystery
Suspense
Thriller
Dark Fantasy
Gothic
Horror - maybe some zombiessssssss
Supernatural

My challenge:
I've chosen to do --> Peril the First:
Read Four books of any length, from any subgenre of scary stories that you choose.


The Lace Reader
by Brunonia Barry - my review

The Agency: A Spy in the House
by Y.S. Lee - my review

The Graveyard Book
by Neil Gaiman - my review

Cluck: Murder Most Fowl <-- eeek! zombie chickens
by Eric D. Knapp - my review

Oops, just realized I snuck in an extra ;-D

Angel's Game
by Carlos Ruiz Zafon

************************************************************
Not on my original list but read during R.I.P. time:

Vampirates: Demons of the Ocean
by Justin Somper - my review

Hybrid
by Angie L. Reed - my review

Vampire Haiku
by Ryan Mecum - my review

Tokyo Zombie
by Yusaku Hanakuma - my review

Rot by Michele Lee - my review

Soulless by Gail Carriger - my review

Ring by Koji Suzuki - my review

Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L. J. Smith - my review

And let me know if you join in, so I can keep tabs on your reviews.


*create your own gravestone


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, I love your gravestone book picture!!! Very cool!

    So glad you are joining in this year, thank you so much.

    And Graveyard Book? Excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in this challenge too, and have not put any of these books in my "reading pool" so looking forward to your thoughts on them.

    Here is my first post on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu