Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - 11

I'm waiting for...

Project Runway
Season 6

Release date: August 20, 2009

I am not a fashion maven or clothes shopping expert. I'm just a jeans and t-shirt kinda gal. However, this clothing designer show, Project Runway, is the one reality tv show that is my guilty pleasure to watch. I'm a fan of this TV series and have been watching since the start. My favorite season to date is Season One with winner Jay McCarroll. I love to watch the fashion pieces that come out of this show. They are so amazing and creative. I also like to see how the designers grow from the experience of sewing and designing under pressure.

Bonus: Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn rock!

Favorite Tim Gunn quote: Make it work.

Here are some Project Runway blogs I like to visit:

Project Rungay

Blogging Project Runway

My book tie-in:

I'm going to pull out a book from my tbr pile.


Bohemian Manifesto: A Field Guide to Living on the Edge
by Laren Stoverwith
illustrations by Izak

Description from amazon.com:
Bohemianism is a way of life, a state of mind, an atmosphere. It is not a trend, its a timeless movement. It is about living beyond convention. BOHEMIAN MANIFESTO explores and joyfully celebrates the creativity, the originality, and the splendor of a lifestyle and spirit shared by free-thinking, free-living artists, poets, writers, sculptors, musicians, and intellectuals. This is the first book to distill and categorize all the ingredients of Bohemian life. In a witty and engaging style, Laren Stover examines the contents of a Bohemians closet, bathroom, and bookshelf. She explains the allure of absinthe, why it isnt wise to leave a Bohemian unattended in your home--you could return to find nude nymphs painted on your lamp shades--and how to identify what type of Bohemian you might be.

Take a peek at some of the beautiful illustrations at the book site which is what drew me to purchasing the book.

* Waiting on Wednesday
was created by Jill at Breaking the Spine

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu