Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday - 10

I'm waiting for...

Mad Men
Season 3 amc TV series
starts up on August 16, 2009

fyi: Season 2 marathon
kicks in on August 10, 2009







What I like about it is that it captures the advertising world and 60s lifestyle and culture so well.

The ensemble cast is excellent! Each character is engaging to watch. Of course, my fave is the main guy, Don Draper. Must see!




If you like paper dolls, like I do, check out this season 2 set of Joan Holloway at nobody's sweetheart. You can also view a Mad Men illustrated collection of super cool graphics here. Joan is my second fave character of the show.





For some fun stuff visit the amc site and Mad Men Yourself.

Here's the fantasy 60's me with an apple martini, daaaahling.









OK, for some book tie-ins:


Adland: Searching for the Meaning of Life on a Branded Planet
by James P. Othmer

Release date: September 15, 2009

- this is a memoir I spotted on Presenting Lenore's WoW awhile ago which gets into the modern day ad world




And to get into the 60's mind-set, I'll be reading this 1968 YA classic:


The Pigman
by Paul Zindel - my review

It will be my first reading.

Description from amazon.com:
For sophomores John and Lorraine, the world feels meaningless; nothing is important. They certainly can never please their parents, and school is a chore. To pass the time, they play pranks on unsuspecting people. It's during one of these pranks that they meet the "Pigman"--a fat, balding old man with a zany smile plastered on his face. In spite of themselves, John and Lorraine soon find that they're caught up in Mr. Pignati's zest for life. In fact, they become so involved that they begin to destroy the only corner of the world that's ever mattered to them.


* Waiting on Wednesday
was created by Jill at Breaking the Spine

*** updated 8.18.09***

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu