Monday, August 31, 2009

I Was a Teenage Zombie (1987) movie

I Was a Teenage Zombie (1987)

Director: John Elias Michalakis
Written by: James Aviles Martin
Steve McKoy
George Seminara

Genre: Comedy, Horror, Zombies
Rating: 3

Tagline: I was young, reckless, and in love. Then... I was DEAD, young, reckless, and in love.
-check out daily events for this week

Six high school buddies accidentally kill a drug pusher and dump his body in toxic waters. When the pusher returns as a zombie and goes on a killing spree, their only recourse is to dump the body of one of their own recently dead, and have him return as a "good" zombie to face off with the "bad" one.

Zombie speed: A bit superhuman.

Zombification: Toxic waste in water from a nuclear power plant. However, only two zombies are in the movie. No one gets zombified by bites.

Zombie mode:  one is somewhat feral and the other is high functioning

My thoughts:
In-a-word: green

Hoke-y and camp-y with an off into the sunset ending.

While the concept of a good guy zombie was cool, I did not like the bad guy zombie. He was such a wacky vengeful one.

Ewww moment: teen girl attacked on car - ick - this scene alone, turns me off - ick.
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu