Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pirates in the 1980s

Navy, Pirates, 1980s

- my daily segment for my Pirate Week challenge September 13-19, 2009 hosted by Gofita's Pages

While I was dancing around alone in my bedroom to Duran Duran, my future hubby was out at sea on a ship with 6000 men. So, I asked my ex-Navy dude:

Did you come across any pirates while floating about?

Not, says he.

In the U.S.S. Enterprise (cool, huh, like Star Trek) in the Battle Group Foxtrot, my hubby sailed the Pacific Ocean to the Indian Ocean through the Strait of Malacca. During the 80s, the notorious Indonesian pirates were the ones to look out for. The pirates kept hidden and out of sight. If they dared make a show, the Marine detachment would be at work setting up and manning 50 caliber machine guns for an attack in a matter of minutes.
 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu