Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekly Zombies - 1




Weekly Zombies

Inspired by September Zombies week, I've decided to keep the zombies alive on my site. I plan on doing a weekly (most likely Wednesday or Thursday) post(s) to share my latest zombie reviews and blogosphere finds.

Join me weekly or whenever you have a zombie post by sending me your links in the comments of any of my zombie posts. I will post links received on the September Zombies site to share.

Zombie bits:

--Just got a nice comment from author, Brian James on my Zombie Blondes post! Suh-weeeeet!

--Jennifer of Jennifer Morrill’s Attempt at a Blog mentions that there are zombies (zombie bats and zombier birds, too) in her review of YA book, The Awakening.

--I'm pretty excited about a new book I just ordered.

Rot by Michele Lee - my review

Description from publisher:
Zombies Can Be Such a Burden

So you’ve raised your loved ones from the dead, but had no idea how difficult it would be to care for them.

No problem! Silver Springs is a warm, peaceful facility equipped to handle all your zombie needs. Their friendly staff will ensure they have a safe environment with daily exercise and raw meat.

Rest easy knowing they’re in good hands… as they rot.

In Michele Lee’s Rot, you won’t find an apocalypse or Romero-style flesh-eaters. This is far more disturbing.

In a world where certain people can will others back from death, Silver Springs Specialty Care Community caters to the undead for those who aren’t quite ready to let go (zombie milk available by special arrangement at the home office).

Dean, retired from the military and looking for an easier life, runs security at this zombie herding farm, but he learns that dark injustice is not unique to war. There’s a rotten core to Silver Springs. Now, Dean and a quickly-decaying corpse named Patrick are on the hunt for a woman they both love and lost to a lucrative business that specializes in greed, zombies and never having to say goodbye.

*image source: Blog of the Living Dead




 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu