Saturday, August 28, 2010

Castle: The Cabinet


Across the room is a curio cabinet with a book on display...

Le Cabinet du Chapelier des Fees
The Cabinet of the Fairies' Hatmaker
by Pat Sweet

Bo Press Riverside CA, 2010
2 3/4" x 4 1/16
8 pocket pages, 8 removable plates


Description from the author:
A portfolio of eight prints depicting Steampunk fairy millinery, done in Photoshop collage. The faces are taken from Renaissance portraits, and the headgear is cobbled together from human detritus.

These little beings are, like their container's format, miniatures. They might be diminutive fairies from Shakespeare who survived into the Victorian era, scavenging for their fashions. Their millinery may be fanciful, but their faces look as though they just stepped out of A Midsummer Night's Dream or the Tempest.

Bound in Art Nouveau patterned paper with a spine of aqua bookcloth, and eight pockets of translucent white-on-white paper with a speckled pattern, and endpapers of the same Art Nouveau paper. There is a paper pattern pasted to the front.

View more prints here.

Illustrated, printed and bound by Pat Sweet for the Bo Press.

This book is also available to order from Bo Press.
2 1/8" x 3 1/4"
12 pocket pages and 12 removable plates

*** Book Giveaway courtesy of author ***

Open to all.

Offer ends: August 30, 2010

TO DO (3-parts):

1. Sign guestbook (if you haven't already).

2. Go to the Bo Press blog and tell me which steampunk fairy you like best.

3. Visit Bo Press and tell me what item catches your fancy?

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

***~*~* Fairy Tales in Bruges schedule *~*~***


17 comments:

  1. i like the monocle fairy and my fave from bro press website is this one http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/images/ddrapefr2.jpg love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tha "Orrerry" fairy and the "Those Wedding Bells Shall Not Ring Out!" miniature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful prints!
    I love the butterfly fairy. From bro press website I love the vampire hunter's kit, the pocket globe, the lysistrata deluxe edition, gulliver's maps deluxe, the captain's map, the masked ball, a pirate's pocket globe, the paris pocket globe, warsaw pocket globes....and I have to stop, because I love EVERYTHING!

    Thank you for this amazing giveaway! *_*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fairy: http://bopressminiaturebooks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Butterfly-sm.jpg

    Miniature: http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/productbarsetshire.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm partial to Monocle and I have fallen deeply in love with The Vampire Hunter's Kit...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made a smaller version with twelve illustrations - the winner can choose which one she wants. Thanks for all the lovely comments!

    Pat Sweet
    Bo Press

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Fan Fairy and the Planisphere Pockect Globe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whilst I, Lucia, like anything that depicts a mortal's view of the Other world, and whilst I truly love the Orrery headdress, I am fascinated with the Moonbook. The moon is particularly important to Others, our eldritch skills become more potent. Indeed there is a spirit amongst us called the Moonlady who wears midnight organza spangled with diamente . . . anyway, Ms.Sweet, I find your whole studio curious in the most exciting and covetous way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG ... that is absolutely to LIVE for! I fell in love with all the SteamPunk fairies, but my fav is ASTROLABE!!!

    Seriously, these are just about the most incredible illustrations - beautifully put together!!

    Thank you guys for such an FAB giveaway!!!
    And as for what caught my fancy of all the awesome goodness, was the Terra Nova Miniature Box (of course, those Globes were all so gorgeouse, too!!)

    And I've already signed the Ol' Guestbook :D

    Mary Ann
    zenrei57 (at) hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I just thing Function is amazing!
    http://bopressminiaturebooks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Function-sm.jpg

    And I would love to have all the three editions of The Masked Ball!
    http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/productmaskedlarge.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are all really incredible, but my favorite would be Monocle.

    At Bo Press I liked The Ends Of The Earth miniature map portfolio.

    seriousreader at live dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the Monocle Fairy and the Vampire Hunter's kit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Astrolab fairy and the The Vampire Hunter's Kit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My choices:

    http://bopressminiaturebooks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Forks-sm.jpg

    http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/productoverthehills.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/productmicrodream.html
    This book is wonderful.

    As for the fairies, I love them all!
    Can't choose a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. Signed the guestbook.

    2. Astrolabe

    3. The Masked Ball by Prue Batten.
    http://www.bopressminiaturebooks.com/productmaskedsmall.html

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu