Friday, November 20, 2009

Pemberley Ball - Dancing


You're pulled out of your reverie, to a question. A rather dashing young gentleman is inviting you for a dance. As Darcy has not yet made an appearance and you're in want of stretching your legs, you graciously accept.

The minuet has ended. The young man has proven to be an adequate partner indeed. He has now asked if you would like to get some fresh air and take a stroll in the moonlight garden.

Do you accept or decline?

*source for sitting room
from Netherfield Park Revisted:
The acclaimed Pride and Prejudice sequel series
(The Pemberley Chronicles)
by Rebecca Ann Collins
Published: 2008

Love, betrayal, and changing times for the Darcys and the Bingleys

Three generations of the Darcy and the Bingley families evolve against a backdrop of the political ideals and social reforms of the mid-Victorian era.

Jonathan Bingley, the handsome, distinguished son of Charles and Jane Bingley, takes center stage, returning to Hertfordshire as master of Netherfield Park. A deeply passionate and committed man, Jonathan is immersed in the joys and heartbreaks of his friends and family and his own challenging marriage. At the same time, he is swept up in the changes of the world around him.


7 comments:

  1. A dashing young man? Accept? Certainly! Perhaps Mr. Darcy might cast a long look my way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would decline. I would not want to give the incorrect impression. While I do enjoy a moonlit walk, that could lead to some moonlight frolcking. well maybe I would think about it.
    Lady Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  3. But of course I would accept! I love dashing young men like Kim has replied! I'm always due for a little gossip. for what are we to live for but to be sport for our neighbors and in turn make sport of them! ;)

    Lady Godiva

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be flattered naturally and (positioning my fan in the coquette position to hide my blush), consent to the invitiation only if my friend the Countess of Torquay could accompany us. If he truly is a gentleman of character he would grant my request as it is not be proper for a single woman of the gentry to be gallivanting off in the dark with a man to whom she is not even betrothed, let alone joined in marriage to.

    Lady Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I would accept. Moonlit strolls are splendid and I'm sure the pleasant gentleman would provide adequate, elegant company :P

    Lady Cromwell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would accept as well. I am dying to see the gardens and some fresh air would do me some good after dancing a little. Plus I am a little curious to learn more about this dashing young man.

    Miss Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way! LOL but I'm to late anyway.
    ;oP

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu