Saturday, November 21, 2009

Pemberley Artwork

Walking down the elegantly carpeted hallway from the powder room back to the Ballroom you notice the paintings along the hallway.

You hear some ladies remarking about them. Lady Vee pipes up and quotes Mr Darcy...

A great number of the paintings in the gallery and most of the sculptures in the hall and elsewhere came from Venice. -Darcy (chapter 9, page 161)

Hmmm, what do you think of the last painting in this collection.

There's something not quite right. ???

6 comments:

  1. One must be careful with whom they take a midnight stroll.

    Lady Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Monsieur Darcy was feeling a bit under the weather during the portrait? He is looking a little green...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe that it is, in general, quite a good resemblance of Mr. Darcy, but for the splotch of white by his lips. I would congratulate the artist on his attention to detail but in his sloppiness with the lips has ruined the work in my eyes and I had the good fortune to join my sister and her husband last spring for a fortnight of their three month sojourn in Paris and visited the Louvre so I know great art when I see it.

    Lady Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Eleanor, you made me laugh out loud (which is unfortunate, since I was at the time taking a sip of ginger beer, which resulted in spitting on an old Lady's wig).

    Mr Darcy indeed looks like he could use some medicine in this portrait. I do not know if I would like to be alone in a room with him, although I did have my hopes before.

    - Lady Charlotte - Madeleine

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~brrrrrrrrr~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu