You have finally arrived!
The servants relieve you of your baggage and parcels.
You walk down the hall and pass the dining room.
The next room you come upon is bustling. It is the kitchen.
The cook is madly dashing about the room. She doesn't look up at you but senses your presence.
Oy! don't just stand there, give us some help, here.
Cook mistakes you for the extra help.
What do you do?
A - Grab the nearest apron?
You don't mind helping out a bit and besides you're a bit peckish after the long journey. You will be able to get some nibbles here and there.
B - Grab the cake pan?
Because after all, baking is one of your specialties!
ooo, and there's a recipe card next to it...
Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe
1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon water
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar.
Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time and beat in until combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and combine.
Slowly add the lemon juice and milk to the mixture.
Stir in the lemon peel.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured 10 inch bundt cake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes
5. Cool for 10 minutes in the cake pan then invert onto a wire rack.
6. Put the glaze ingredients into a pan and simmer very gently until combined.
7. Put the bundt cake onto a serving plate. Pour the glaze mixture over the cake.
C - Grab a tea towel?
Your sense of order is offended when you see the tea cart standing nearby in need of the finishing touch.
D - Make your apologies and make your way towards the Buttery to quench your thirst with a mug of ale.
*** CSN Grab Giveaway ***
Pick your prize above: apron, pan, or tea towel
Open to all.
Offer ends August 30.
TO DO (3-parts):
1. Sign guestbook (if you haven't already).
In comments let me know...
2. What do you GRAB in the situation above?
3. If you are the winner, what prize would you pick?
Contest has ended - winner is here
* Kitchens were integrated into the Medieval castles - they included cooking ovens for baking and huge fireplaces for smoking and roasting food. They also had a water supply complete with a sink and drainage. A hive of activity with cooks, bakers, spit boys and scullions. -per Medieval Castle Life
* The room in the castle called the Buttery was intended for storing and dispensing beverages, especially ale. The person who presided over the buttery was called the Butler. Next to the buttery another room was added later called the Bottlery. Water was not safe to drink and people drank ale and wine in Medieval Castle life. -per Medieval Castle Life
* prize courtesy of CSN stores
With such selection, savings and service, many have said that CSN Stores is the best-kept secret in online shopping.
* image source of prizes from CSN stores housewares, castle