Monday, August 30, 2010

Steampunk Weekly - 8.30.10

Amber Stanhope & Rufus Rutter
created by Tonner

Steampunk film:

The Anachronism
from Anachronism Pictures
written and directed by Matthew Gordonlong
time: 15 minutes

Description from Vimeo:
A short film that tells the story of two children that discover a giant squid submarine on a beach near their home.

My two bit(s):
In-a-word(s): A crustacean, I should think. -Katie

Such a treat and beautifully made from the girl's parasol to the boy's butterfly net.

The Anachronism (Full Film) from Anachronism Pictures on Vimeo.

What did you think?


* Tonner dolls found on Collecting Fashion Dolls by Terri Gold

* my weekly post on things steampunk (Victorian sci-fi/fantasy)

* totally inspired by steampunk posts written by Celia of adventures of cecelia bedelia


  1. Very beautiful scenery! Loved the short film, thanks for posting!

  2. Those dolls are beautiful! Thank you for posting about The Anachronism. It's the first time I read about it! Off to watch it now! >_<

  3. Agree with Giada - those dolls are awesome!

    p.s. can't WAIT for The Iron Duke. Oh, it's going to be all kinds of awesome, I just know it. *grin*

  4. I'm with fredamans - the scenery is breathtaking! Wouldn't you just love to live there?! Beautifully made film, I loved the boy's hat w/netting~

    Thanks for sharing :D

  5. The dolls are amazing! And I saw the Anachronist a while back and fell in love with it. So much that I've watched it numerous times, as a steampunk fan (and writer of steampunk) I loved the whole naturalist/botany take to the point I am making the wooden ink stamp pad box. And now my granddaughter wants to go and do prints of plants!
    A brilliant little piece.


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu