Friday, December 24, 2010

The Lola Cruz Christmas Story by Misa Ramizez

The Lola Cruz Christmas Story
A Prequel (Lola Cruz Mysteries)
by Misa Ramizez

Published: November 2010
Genre: Holiday, Mystery, Novella, Romance
ebook
Rating: 5

Description from the author's site:
Almost private investigator Lola Cruz gets wrapped up in her own Christmas story when she’s summoned by a woman from her past. This short story is a fun holiday prequel to Living the Vida Lola, the first in the Lola Cruz Mystery series from St. Martin’s Minotaur Books.

Amusing quote:
"Help me, Lola. You're my only hope." The words echoing in my head were familiar, only they hadn't come from Princess Leia's hologram, imploring Obi-Wan to save her.
-first sentence, chapter 1


My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): partridge
Loved this holiday novella! It is my intro to Lola and I am sufficiently teased. So am I gonna read book 1, Living the Vida Lola? You betcha!

The story is a prequel so there a just hints of mystery and romance about the character and her situation but told in a lively and fun way.

I liked the interaction with her close-knit family and look forward to watching Lola grow in her p.i. skills during her book series.

Lola Cruz Mystery Series:
Living the Vida Lola, Book 1
Hasta la Vista, Lola!, Book 2

fyi: kindle version is currently available for .99 cents

--/=/=-- Holiday Book Giveaway courtesy of author --=\=\=-

signup for giveaway before the end of the year!


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu