Friday, December 3, 2010

The Women of Science Fiction Book Club

The Women of Science Fiction Book Club
January 1 to December 31, 2011
hosted by Dreams and Speculations
Signup and Details
host ended this June 2011
moved to Calico Reaction


I signed up for this book club to get something new into my reading world, Science Fiction. My review links will be added to this page as posts go up.

Goal:
Read the monthly selected books (bonus material is optional).

January:
Novel: Dust by Elizabeth Bear
- my review
- discussion
Bonus: The Last Flight of Doctor Ain
The Screwfly Solution
- discussion

February:
Novel: The Dispossessed by Ursula K. Le Guin
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
And I Awoke and Found Me Here On The
Cold Hill’s Side
- discussion

March:
Novel: Darkship Thieves by Sarah Hoyt
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
The Girl Who Was Plugged In
The Man Who Walked Home
- discussion

April:
Novel: The Doomsday Book by Connie Willis
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
And I Have Come Upon This Place By Lost Ways
- discussion

May:
Novel: Mappa Mundi by Justina Robson
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
The Women Men Don’t See
Your Face, O My Sisters! Your Faces Filled Of Light!
- discussion

June:
Novel: Lilith’s Brood by Octavia Butler
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
Houston, Houston, Do You Read?
- discussion

July:
Novel: Cordelia’s Honor by Lois McMaster Bujold
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
With Delicate Mad Hands
A Momentary Taste of Being
- discussion

August:
Novel: China Mountain Zhang by Maureen McHugh
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
We Who Stole The Dream
- discussion

September:
Novel: Remnant Population by Elizabeth Moon
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
Her Smoke Rose Up Forever
Love Is The Plan The Plan Is Death
- discussion

October:
Novel: Farthing by Jo Walton
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
On The Last Afternoon
- discussion

November:
Novel: The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- my review
- discussion

Bonus:
She Waits For All Men Born
Slow Music
- discussion

December:
Novel: City of Pearl by Karen Traviss
- my review
- discussion

Bonus: And So On, And So On
- discussion

Bonus material from:
Her Smoke Rose Up Forever by James Tiptree - my reviews

8 comments:

  1. I'm not going to sign up because I really can't afford to try to wedge anything else into my reading schedule unless it's for pure have-to-read-it-ness, but I WILL be keeping an eye out for reviews, because some I'm curious about. And maybe I'll try to read along with the group on one or two... (I've got my eye on that Octavia Butler. Her book Kindred is one of my faves)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea! I won't sign up - I already read for the 2 book groups I have at the library, plus all the stuff I read in addition. But I like the focus of this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I haven't read any of these books. I need to think about signing up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an interesting set of books. It will good to hear what you think about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Doomsday Book is so marvelous -- gah, definitely a desert island favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Doomsday Book sounds terrific; I LOVE sci-fi, especially in anthology form.

    Enjoy your selections, Vii! They all look and sound like good reads :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books! *_* I can't wait to read your reviews!*_*

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu