Tuesday, December 28, 2010

In Sickness by L.L. Soares and Laura Cooney

In Sickness
by L.L. Soares and Laura Cooney

Published: 2010
Publisher: Skullvines Press
Genre: Horror, Short Stories
Paperback: 196 pages
Rating: 4

Description from the publisher:
Plumbing the depths of Hell. Together.

Welcome to the dark worlds of Laura Cooney and L. L. Soares, two writers of dark fiction who also happen to be husband and wife. Let them be your guides for an excursion through the uncharted regions of the horrific and the surreal.

Here are just some of the strange sights you’ll see along the way:

• A ghost girl takes her living playmate on an eerie hunt for buried treasure.

• On Halloween night, a college student finds a little black dress that’s more than just a fashion accessory.

• A sasquatch hides in the rhododendrons, waiting for the woman he loves.

• A group of super-smart monkeys are in the mood to peel a meal, but it ain’t bananas they’re craving.

• A husband and wife, bound together in a web of tragic secrets, are haunted by strange, pig-faced children.

My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): rapport
This is a cool collection of horror that was put together well. Loved how the stories all flowed through to the last story which ends with a bang.

Each story leaves you with a shiver or a squirm and thinking about relationships.

~*~

* review copy courtesy of publisher

* if you haven't already, check out guest post created for October Trix-n-Treatz by by L.L. Soares, CONTACT ROOM - I.VELVET (starring... me!) which features Dr. Willard Raymond from the story, "Mating Room" in the collection - In Sickness

* part of October Trix-n-Treatz

--/=/=-- Book Giveaway --=\=\=-

Want my copy?

Open to all.

Offer ends: December 31, 2010

TO DO:
Visit LL's site, Cinema Knife Fight and tell me the name of a movie that piqued your interest.

AND leave your email (if i don't already have it) in comments
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Contest has ended - winner is here

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

16 comments:

  1. now im courious ir eally want to see Rare Exports sounds awesome then again im all for horror about christmas then again im ahuggee horror fan anyways great post would love to read this


    mortalsinn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed their article about true grit. I will see that movie at some point in time, because I like the coen brothers.
    This book sounds really good. I think the short stories are just the kind I love to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Grit has my interest. Looking forward to seeing that.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of True Grit ! It has Matt Damon in it! :)

    mishamary@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh *SNAP*! Rare Exports grabbed me right off - a demon obsessed with who's been naughty or nice! Gave me a warm fuzzy just thinking about it LOL ;O

    I don't know if I'll see True Grit or not, I watched the original when I was just a kid, but Jeff Bridges is so dang good in everything he puts his hand to - might have to see this new remake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must agree with a few of the others, Rare Exports looks awesome!!

    Morganlafey86@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The Last Horror Film"
    I loved the blog!
    I am going to become a regular!
    Thank you!

    educhico AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  8. True Grit made my nipples hard, so I
    ll go with that one! (I love Josh Brolin)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "THE MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN"
    I love Barker!

    39 DOT 5susy AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Midnight Movie

    catarina(dot)magoito(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Black Christmas!
    Cool, very cool!

    dr.strangelove.vs.citizen.kane
    @
    gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. THE SIXTH SENSE

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering why everyone was choosing RARE EXPORTS, but in fact it should be a great movie!

    goncalo(dot)mil(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  14. True Grit will come out here in a few weeks, I hope!
    That's the one I want to see the most!

    agcestrela AT gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jaws, of course!

    joanapatriciadias [@gmail.com]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, this seems like a cool collection!
    I am in need of some horror stories! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu