Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Calendar 2010

vvb's virtual
advent calendar

I enjoy opening up the little windows or doors of an advent calendar this time of year.

What special treat lies in wait?

To get into the spirit of things, I will post a virtual advent calendar of my own.

Every day (starting today), I will post an image on the top of my sidebar with a link to my favorite fellow bloggers.

Some will have treats for you, some will put smiles on your faces and some will help increase your TBR piles ;-D
~*~

Like an advent calendar, each link will be revealed below on the day of...

December 1: none - for some reason i always forget to start on this day - probably because of the food coma from turkey overload


December 2: Juju of Tales of Whimsy


December 3: Kai of Fiction State of Mind


December 4: Meredith of Austenesque Reviews


December 5: Lexie of Poisoned Rationality


December 6: Mad Hatter's Bookshelf & Book Reviews


December 7: M.A.D. of Mary Ann De Borde Writes and Reads!


December 8: Amy of Passages to the Past


December 9: Midnight Cowgirl of The Fashion Planner


December 10: Blodeuedd of Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell


December 11: Freda of Freda's Voice - happy belated birthday!


December 12: Audra of Unabridged Chick


December 13: TJ of Dreams and Speculation


December 14: Stella of Ex Libris


December 15: Misty of Book Rat


December 16: Maria of My Jane Austen Book Club


December 17: Violet of Mr Bennet's Library


December 18: Carrie of In The Hammock


December 19: Trisha of Mary Sew


December 20: Jo of Fluidity of Time


December 21: Chas of Lovin' & Livin' Life in the 808


December 22: Nina of J'adorehappyendings


December 23: Raelena of Throuthehaze Reads

December 24: time for merry making

December 25: time for ho-ho-ho-ing


December 26: The Life and Travels of Sullivan McPig


December 27: Titania of Fishmuffins of Doom


December 28: Zombie Girrrl of Crackin' Spines & Takin' Names


December 29: Cecilia of Epic Rat


December 30: Celia of Adventures of Cecelia Bedelia - happy birthday!

December 31: time for watching the ball drop at NYC Times Square

January 1: H A P P Y * N E W * Y E A R !!!

~*~

Honorable Mentions:

Carolyn of Book Chick City

Ana and Thea of The Book Smugglers

Eleni of La Femme Readers

Kristi of The Story Siren

Whitney of Pop Candy - what led me to the book blogger world

~*~

* share with me and tell me a couple of your favorite blogs to visit in comments

* image source from the Strangeling

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I look forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favorites are:
    * A Book Is The Cheapest Vacation
    * All Things Urban Fantasy
    * Blog With Bite
    * Book Chick City
    * Bookd Out
    * Dark Faerie Tales
    * Darkside Down Under
    * Demonlover's Book & More
    * FangsWandsandFairyDust
    * ForeverYoung (Adult)
    * Housewife Blues & Chihuahua Stories
    * Once Upon A Twilight
    * Paperback Dolls
    * Papercut Reviews
    * Paranormal Haven
    * Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
    * Reading Or Breathing
    * Strange Candy Reviews
    * The Dark Eva
    * The Qwillery

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this idea and I am SO flipping honored that you chose me *hugs hugs hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea! I love Juju's blog too! Can't wait to see tomorrow's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing idea Velvet! Will be coming back each day :-)

    I have so many favourites:

    Paper Cut Reviews
    All things Urban Fantasy
    Parajunkee Reviews
    Book Vixen
    Fiction Vixen
    Smexy Books
    Bookalicious Ramblings

    just a couple that popped in my mind right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabu idea -- I love getting peer recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you an original thinker? Sure looks like it. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so honored and touched! This is a such a beautiful idea, Vii!!!!!!!
    *warm fuzzy hugs all around* :D

    ps - I swear by all that is holy I am trying to catch up LOL!! ;O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! I'm an advent pick! Thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, I am a pick too. Thanks :D
    So happy

    And liking Amy's photo. That so suits her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. *Ü*
    LOL
    *Ü*

    Pssst, Lady Vee,

    Mr. B. is blushing from ear to ear!
    (that is a Dutch saying...)
    *Ü*
    Oh, and he just wispered in my ear to tell you that he love's the picture of that cute Dutch mistletoo (sp?) girl.
    ;o)
    He only thinks she needs a knitted shawl to keep her arms warm...
    *Ü*
    (rotflol)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ;o) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>
    with ♥,
    Violet
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops... *Ü*

    ... after studying the lovely picture with his magnigying-glass, Mr.B. now sends me back to you because he has to admit that the girl has no naked arms afterall...

    ... but... "a knitted shawl wouldn't hurt her", he says.

    ... silly man...
    ;o)

    Bye bye, I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. *blush* --- thank you!! And what a perfect little grumpy bunny picture!!! I'm looking forward to visiting everyone else, too. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just wanted to tell you again how much I loved this list :) Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu