Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mish Mosh: Seer

M I S H - M O S H
Winged Seer
clairvoyant, prophet, oracle, or diviner

I was presented with the treat below and wonder if the gal is a seer. I shall read it and get back to you.

Meanwhile, wanna find out and read it too?

by Douglas K. Pearson

Description from the amazon:
Most people think I'm crazy because I see things they cannot. But if they saw the blood and the torture, or felt an ounce of the pain I feel, they would know I'm not insane.

No one believes me and that makes me more alone than I feel.

To those who meet me for the first time, I'm Jane; once they hear my one-sided conversations and terrified screams, they refer to me as Injane.

Excerpt of first chapter can be read here.

Facebook page is here.

-+0+o+ Book Giveaway courtesy of publisher +o+0+-

Open to all.

Offer ends: October 31, 2010


1. Sign the guestbook (if you signed it already or in September - no need)

2. Read the excerpt of first chapter and comment about it.


Contest has ended - winner is here


* image source from the Strangeling

-+0+o+ October Trix-n-Treatz schedule +o+0+-


  1. I liked this -- thanks for the link to the first chapter. I thought it was darkly funny (wry humor). First chapter was over too quickly.

    And... it's interesting that the first line is "I kill trees." This book is a print-on-demand, so it actually potentially saves trees.

  2. Injane - that's clever! The premise creepies me out tho -- I'm not sure I'm brave enough to even try the first chapter! ;)

  3. Sounds very intriguing! And she likes scary movies just like me!

  4. I'm intrigued by the first chapter. I'd like to read more. I really like the descriptive parts like when Jane is describing the Lighters.

  5. Intriguing. Spooky. Injane is a wonderful joke, lol. I'd love to read further.

  6. It was a interesting read. I would like to read more.

  7. All the first chapter did was lure my senses in for more.... well, I'm waiting..... Spooky yet lovely.

  8. I did not like the first sentence.
    It's a very important thing for me, the first sentence must grab you without being sensationalist.
    The rest of the chapter is ok, but I still am doubtful with that first line!

  9. I was definitely sucked in by the chapter. Great job!

  10. INJANE is awesome. That she can see the paranormal world around us with such clarity really sucked me in. I wanted more after the 1st chapter. This is definatly going on my book list!!!


  11. It's probably a very good read, but for some reason it just didn't resonate with me - yet it was nice getting to read the first chapter for free ;D

    Wry, but disturbing is my take. I guess I'm a weenie lol

  12. I was definitely intrigued by the first chapter. Very dark but also funny :P I'd love to read more

  13. Signed guest book, what caught my attention about the first chapter is when she said she wanted to be with the lighter and Abigal? I wonder how that turns out...
    hmhenderson AT yahoo DOT com

  14. ok i haveee tor ead the rest of this nbook the premise is awesome teh first chaper wow just wow i dont get alot of dark yet funny books that hit me i like this one

  15. Sounds like a great story to read. The girl has gone trough major deep stuff. Heavy!

  16. The first chapter was interesting. The Lighters and Darkers and premonitions sounds foreboding. I wonder where its going.

    jlynettes @ hotmail . com

  17. Just the first page really drew me in. It seems really interesting!

  18. Poor Jane! She really does seem crazy! I wonder who this bright man is? And if Jane really is crazy! Can't wait to read more of this book! Seems really interesting!

  19. Tasty first chapter!
    Now I want to read the book!
    I think that's the best thing you get from such a thing!

  20. It certainly sounds interesting and I love the title!

    Oh wow, the first chapter is kinda complicated.. The lighters, the Darkers, the Church...
    But it is still good! :)

  21. oh wow! now i really want to read this!

    k_sunshine1977 at yahoo dot com


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu