Saturday, October 23, 2010

They Call Me Death by Missy Jane

They Call Me Death
by Missy Jane

Published: 2009
Genre: Romance, Werewolves
Paperback: 216 pages
Rating: 5

Description from the amazon:
My name is Alexia Williams. In my world, North America is divided between north and south but not the way its taught in the history books.

After losing my family to the shifters, I joined the Combined Human States Army. Now I find myself on the front lines, defending the wall between my species and theirs.

My mission is simple: keep the animals on their side by whatever means necessary and I'm good at it.

I don't talk to them.

I don't sympathize with them.

I sure as hell don't admire them until one saves my life.

Andor isnt like any shifter Ive ever met. He's a three-hundred-year-old golden eagle asking for help finding missing shifters who may be in my lands.

I just have to decide between helping the animals or ignoring signs that my fellow humans arent what I thought they were. But how can I help a species I hate and fear? Even if Andor makes me feel alive again? In the land of the shifters they call me Death.

Passage I liked:
Bjorn Berendsen, my friend, my brother among the many who roam this world, I ask a boon of you, a favor of redemption against past grievances, and I pray you hear me in your head and in your heart, for these are times of war and strife, times of anger and aggression and without your friendship and forgiveness I stand as a man defeated.

I looked at Andor as he spoke the words of a ritual of which I had no knowledge or understanding. He looked regal, like a prince among his people with the dying light of the setting sun glowing around his golden wings. He took my breath away and brought tears to my eyes that I didn't understand. I shifted my gaze to Bjorn, who now looked taller, calmer and more thoughtful than before. He appeared to be considering Andor's words, which I took to be a good sign.
- chapter 13, page 131


My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): WereEagle
I enjoyed this action romance shifter novel. I say shifter because there are a variety of shifters to encounter in this story - not just the usual werewolves.

The characters are likable with some growth and development throughout the story which was engaging.

Yes, like many of you, my favorite character is Andor ;-D

fyi: Kindle edition is currently $3.60

~*~

Ms. Missy Jane is the alter ego of a Texas mother of four who has been married to the same wonderful man for thirteen years. About five years ago Missy finished reading a book by Mercedes Lackey and thought "Now, what if..." and a monster was created. Missy now spends most of her time lost in worlds of her own making alternately loving and hating such creatures as vampires, shape-shifters and gargoyles (to name a few). When not writing, she spends her time reading, taking photos of her beautiful daughters and training her husband to believe she's always right. Excerpts from Missy's work can be found at http://www.msmissyjane.com/.


-+0+o+ Book Giveaway courtesy of author +o+0+-

signup for giveaway here

AND

Leave a comment here for an extra point to go towards the
Alice prize pack giveaway


~*~

* part of Hogwarts Reading challenge

-+0+o+ October Trix-n-Treatz schedule +o+0+-


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu