Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Steampink in June


Steampink
a virtual book event
steampunk driven
June 1-4, 2011


Get packing...

corsets

hats

gloves

goggles

This year's steampunk travel takes us to the...

1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition
San Francisco World's Fair


AND now, you must decide on what transport to take?

airship

boat

train


Tell me in comments for if you do, you may find yourself on an unusual adventure.

~*~

FYI: here's a couple books that will be featured...

The Adventures of Miss Upton and the Sky Pirate
by CJ Archer


The Other Side of Life
by Jess C. Scott


more yet to be revealed...

~*~

* SteamPink (my definition) = female heroine stories with romance, adventure or mystery in a steampunk world

* refresh your memory - last year's steampink event

* image source for event badge is the Batcave Elfen Dress from Vecona

!^^ Steampink schedule ^^!


19 comments:

  1. airship all the way! If only...le sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. train! I love those oldfashioned steam engines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pirate airship, of course! Arrrrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely in, and I'm going by boat! Let me know what the plans are...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really loving SteamPunk!! I just read the blurb for the first book and it sounds fantastic. There is no mention as to any romantic sparks in the air but I like to think that maybe just maybe btwn Tilda and Black Jack!!! Is there....? =D Hehehehe!!


    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say---- Airship!! After reading Meljean's recent book. An airship sounds like a blast of a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A boat! So i can hold my beautiful lace umbrella and look out into the stormy sea! :)
    (hopefully no seasickness)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Train. Definitely by train. A train that lays her own tracks. And is manned by an undead driver. Oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is tough; airship would be great but sometimes I get lost in those stories featuring airships because I just cannot fully visualize the setting. So, I will go with train; can visualize it plus it gives plenty of room for a variety of land settings, and movement in the story.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Airship for sure, train is to common and I get seasick so can't take a boat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Train all the way. I've never actually been on one but Id love to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Airship most definitely! I usually take tea with Captain Shakespeare. He's such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  13. An airship if you please, you never know where you need to go!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu