Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sakura


Cherry Blossom Necklace
created by Funky Blink
on etsy

~*~

Ode to things sakura --> cherry blossoms.

~*~


Sakura Wall Decor
Pink Cherry Blossoms Decals
on etsy

~*~

A lovely spring night
suddenly vanished while we
viewed cherry blossoms
-Matsuo Basho

~*~

Vintage Sakura Jewelry
Scrabble Tile Pendant
on etsy

~*~

in the shadow of the cherry blossom
complete strangers
there are none…
-Kobayashi Issa

~*~

Laptop Skin
Cherry Blossom created by lilypang
on etsy

~*~

entangled with
the scattering cherry blossoms-
the wings of birds!
- Masaoka Shiki

~*~


Katie's Cherry Blossom Wedding Cake
at Cake Central

~*~

Drinking up the clouds,
It spews out cherry blossoms -
Yoshino Mountain.
-Yosa Buson

~*~


Cherry Blossoms (2008) film
on my to watch list

~*~


The Street of a Thousand Blossoms
by Gail Tsukiyama
in my tbr pile

~*~

Zero and Yuuki
from Vampire Knight manga series
romance among the cherry blossoms ;-D

~*~


Cherry Blossom
created by Krista Hout
Sakura Zombie ???

~*~

* part of Hello Japan mini-challenge hosted by In Spring It Is The Dawn
April Task - celebration of spring and sakura

9 comments:

  1. My daughter would love these, - especially that laptop skin ! As for MOI, I love the Sakura Zombie LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea for cherry blossoms! The wedding cake is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I <3 Sakura. So far I think they're my favorite thing about being in Japan. They're EVERYWHERE, and they're absolutely GORGEOUS! I keep wanting to post a million pictures of them.
    And I loved that book by Gail Tsukiyama. I love her! I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cherry blossoms! I actually want to get a branch of them tattooed on my back.
    WANT that laptop skin; LOVE the zombie.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! The laptop skin was awesome. And the manga scene. Yep, I've watched anime and when there would be a romantic scene, almost always there are cherry blossoms. I just love the falling effect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry blossoms certainly are beautiful! Great post! I especially love the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice collection you've gathered, Velvet! I wish that sakura laptop skin was pink tho... ;)

    I saw the movie Hanami when it was in the theatres. It was nice, but not spectacular.

    And Tsukiyama's The Street of a Thousand Blossoms has been on my bookshelf for ages... With a few others of her books. But right now I'm reading David Mitchell's new novel The Thousand Autumns of Jacob the Zoet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great collection :)

    I love that wedding cake and laptop...so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun collection of all things sakura! I can't decide which is my favourite. :P

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu