Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Word & Question: befallen


I am thrilled yet again to present another W&Q poetry piece received from antiaphrodite which is in keeping with my August Thrills-n-Chills month.

btw: today is the last day for submissions for the W&Q #15 edition.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by antiaphrodite
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

As I continue along my way
Through this darkened fever dreamscape
Of cursed spaces bound in spells
-- Each one falls gently, without pause
The quiet steps that I take

For I know the path that I need to walk

With me I carry nothing
And both my hands are empty
While all my fingers twitch
-- Having been pricked, cut and scathed
More than I can now bear to recall

Empty but for the memory of thorns

I know what I have come to meet
And I--frail, hideous and small
I tremble as I draw even closer
To where it is that I must go

For what I crave is bound with what I fear
What I desire follows what I dread

And now, among those that have come to watch
The final act of this delirious dream-play
A ravenous hunger has befallen them
-- Having been promised by the idol
An appropriated taste of my blood

If all should stay until the end

Still, perhaps, in some fading dream
My hands will hold roses soon

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by antiaphrodite
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


Word & Question #15
Prompts for Marian
Word: befallen
Question: What do you both crave and fear?

~*~

* image source from slatch design

* Playing Poetry game created by Shredded Cheddar. Join in the first Wednesday of the month! details here

~!~ August Thrills-n-Chills schedule ~!~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu