Saturday, August 13, 2011

rrRoad Trip Mixed Tape: What's Up


Amy of The Past is Never Far suggests we listen to...

fyi: methinks the singer has a steampunk look going with her hat and goggles


What's Up
performed by Four Non Blondes

25 years of my life and still
I'm trying to get up that great big hill of hope
for a destination
I realized quickly when I knew I should
that the world was made up of this brotherhood of man
for whatever that means

chorus:
'n so I cry sometimes when I'm lying in bed
just to get it all out what's in my head
'n I, I'm feeling a little peculiar
'n so I wake in the morning and I step outside
'n I take a deep breath
'n I get real high
'n I scream from the top of my lungs
what's goin' on
and I say hey-ey-ey... (jodel-di-dodel...)
and I said hey what's going on
and I say hey... etc. (uh! uu-uuhu-huhuuuu...)
I said hey what's going on

and I try, oh my God do I try
I try all the time
in this institution
and I pray, oh my God do I pray
I pray ev'ry single day
for a revolution

(chorus)

25 years of my life and still
I'm trying to get up that great big hill of hope
for a destination

~*~

* entry for giveaway of Paper Towns by John Green - what song would you want on your mixed tape?

* lyrics source

* image source mixed tape created by crayon chewer

* part of rrRoad trip event

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu