Monday, July 25, 2011

rrRoad Trip: Welcome


Join me on a virtual road trip along a virtual Route 66 (based on U.S. Route 66) in which I will share a few coming-of-age and YA books.

U.S. Route 66 (also known as the Will Rogers Highway after the humorist, and colloquially known as the "Main Street of America" or the "Mother Road") was a highway within the U.S. Highway System. One of the original U.S. highways, Route 66 was established on November 11, 1926 -- with road signs erected the following year. The highway, which became one of the most famous roads in America, originally ran from Chicago, Illinois, through Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California, before ending at Los Angeles, covering a total of 2,448 miles (3,940 km). -per wikipedia

--~ Book Giveaway ~--

Paper Towns
by John Green - my review

Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life - dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge - he follows.

After their all-nighter ends, and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues - and they're for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

Win a copy of this book!

Open to all.

Offer ends: July 31, 2011 -->extended to Aug 14

Music always brings cheer to a car ride.

Let's create a mixed tape for this rrRoad trip!

Tell me a must-have song that should be included that would be fun to hear and singalong with.

AND, leave your email (if I don't already have it)


Contest has ended - winner is here



* image source

~===~ rrRoad trip schedule ~===~


  1. No need to enter me but I couldn't resist this! I love road trips! You must must have Johnny Cash's "I've Been Everywhere" on any road trip mix!!

  2. Hush by Deep Purple comes to mind straight away :)

  3. Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon. :)

    I've been known to make playlists for roadtrips I take with the husband. Usually, I sneak in at least one thing he's not prepared for (Ace of Spades by Motorhead is a good one, or Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash).

  4. Freebird is a given, but one of my favorite car tunes is Offspring's "Pretty Fly for a White Guy" - lol
    A few years ago we made a midnight trip from Il to Ky singing the entire Americana at the top of our (screechy) lungs, head banging the whole way :D

  5. Road Trippin by Red Hot Chili Peppers

    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

  6. Paradise City by Guns N’ Roses or Life Is a Highway by the Rascal Flatts.

  7. Brighter than sunshine by Aqualung! :) I love that song!

  8. Whenever I think of road trip songs I always think of Indian Lake by The Cowsills. It's a fun song.

  9. We always love QUEEN for road trips: especially Bohemian Rhapsody.


  10. I've been wanting to read this book and would love to be entered. I'd start with Hotel California by the Eagles.
    stacybooks at yahoo

  11. Somebody's Watching Me by Rockwell


  12. On the Road Again by Willie Nelson

    jwitt33 at live dot com

  13. Omg - I forgot Radar Love!!! That's another great road song :D

  14. Bubbly - Colbie Calliat.


  15. I have to say "Life is a Highway" by Rascal Flatts (no pun intended) My son is a huge Disney Cars fan and that song is in the first movie.


  16. Ack I said "Life is a Highway" and didn't realize you already had a post up for it.
    So can I suggest another one?
    "Lay Me Down" by Dirty Heads, Rome of Sublime, Any Port in a Storm (least that's who my phone says it's by)

  17. I have two "Horse With No Name" from America and "Hollywood" from Michael Buble.

  18. The first song on one of our many homemade mix CDs is Bang a Gong by T. Rex. I have a tendency now to associate that one with road trips now :)

    vanessanicole21 at yahoo dot com

  19. Definitely I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) – The's so fun to sing along to and always ends up with everyone in tears from laughing - or maybe that's just my family! :D

    m-hussein at hotmail dot co dot uk

  20. You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift!

    aikychien at yahoo dot com

  21. Love this! I'm going on a road trip in a week and this list is just perfect! I would add "what's up" by Four Non Blondes- it's a great song to sing as loud as you can in the car! I love John Green and would love to win!
    Amy.s.conger at gmail dot com

  22. A dutch song called 'Omarm Me' by Blof, but I love it when Tommie sings it.


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu