Monday, August 22, 2011

Word & Question: attic


Wooooot! I present the second W&Q poetry piece received from Salome Ellen which is in keeping with my August Thrill-n-Chills month.

Salome Ellen says:
Since I'm generally a "scaredy-cat", my poem leans toward the "supernatural" end of things.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Salome Ellen
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

Adventure

I'm sure there are fairies
Around here somewhere.
When I was little
I saw them all the time:
Dancing in the garden,
Flitting above Mother's head
And winking at me,
Reflected in the mirror
In my room.

But Sister says
There are no fairies.
Only butterflies and shadows
And "figments of my imagination."
And she knows a lot.
She's old enough
To go to grade school now --
She reads these great big books
And thinks she knows it all.

But does she?
I just can't be sure.
Last night I'm pretty sure I saw
A fairy at the bottom of the stairs.
The fairy beckoned me
To come up to the attic where it's dark
And quiet. Sister thinks
It's damp and dusty so she won't
Go up there..... But I might.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Salome Ellen
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


Word & Question #15
Prompts for Salome Ellen
Word: attic
Question: Where did they go?

~*~

* image source from book Fairy Hunters, InK by Sheila A. Dane

* Playing Poetry game created by Shredded Cheddar. Join in the first Wednesday of the month! details here

~!~ August Thrills-n-Chills schedule ~!~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu