created by Shredded Cheddar
August host: vvb32 reads
Call for Prompts
I am thrilled to announce that I will be hosting the Word & Question (created by Shredded Cheddar) for August.
For a bit of fun and to tie-in with my August Thrills-n-Chills event I suggesting related themes.
PROMPT: send in a Word and Question to me ( vvb32 at yahoo.com )
relating to one of the following...
JOIN in: write poetry with us
Here are the rules and mechanics per Shredded Cheddar:
1) On the first Wednesday of the month, the host posts a notice asking everyone who wishes to play to send him one word and one question. Then everyone has to e-mail him by the first Friday.
2) The host randomises the words and the questions and makes sure that nobody ends up working with one (or worse, both!) of his submissions.
3) On Sunday, the host e-mails everyone back with his word and question challenge.
4) Everyone writes a poem that uses the word and answers the question. (For more details, see my first post: Let's Play Poetry!)
5) The host for the week publishes his poem on the very next Wednesday. Everyone else gets a two-week grace period to leave the link to his poem in the host's combox. =)
6) We read everyone's poem and say something nice about each one in the respective comboxes.
7) Those who don't link up their poems before the next W&Q game is announced will have to sit out the prompts exchange of that next round but may share their poems in the combox for that round. Check this page regularly for the next W&Q date.
Event theme tie-in: August Thrills-n-Chills
Aug 3: call for prompts
Aug 6: deadline for prompts
Aug 10-31: post poems
* image source from film Rosemary's Baby
* basic guidelines and more details at Shredded Cheddar
*part of August Thrills-n-Chills event