In film: The Bride in Kill Bill wields a Hanzo sword
Kill Bill is a two-part action thriller film released in 2003 and 2004 by writer-director Quentin Tarantino, and starring Uma Thurman as The Bride.
The film is an epic-length revenge drama, with homages to earlier film genres, such as Hong Kong martial arts films, Japanese chanbara films, exploitation films and Italian spaghetti westerns; an extensive use of popular music and pop culture references; and aestheticization of violence.
The Bride travels to Okinawa to obtain a sword from retired legendary swordsmith Hattori Hanzō (Sonny Chiba), who has become a sushi chef and sworn never to forge again. After learning that her target is his former student, Bill, he agrees to forge his finest sword for her. -per wikipedia
Watch a 30 Second Bunnies: Kill Bill 1 & 2
created by angry alien productions
Read all about it here...
D. K. Holm
Description from the amazon:
This comprehensive analysis is the only current book on Tarantino's 2 Kill Bill films.
Included in this exciting, exhaustive compilation are:
* a scene-by-scene analysis of both Kill Bill movies
* overview of director Quentin Tarantino' work
* profiles of all major actors in Kill Bill 1 & 2
* profiles of films which influenced Kill Bill
* details on posters, trailers, teasers, early drafts and cuts
* early casting * critical reviews * interview with David Carradine
* cross-references and index
* illustrations, featuring an 8page color section
* this is one of those books on my wish list ;-D