Saturday, April 30, 2011

Captain Wentworth's Boating Party in June

Captain Wentworth's Boating Party
a virtual book event
based on Persuasion by Jane Austen
June 8-10, 2011

Dear Reader,

Captain Wentworth is visiting his sister, Mrs. Croft, and Admiral Croft at their new abode, the estate of Kellynch.

As the weather turns warmer and the flowers are in bloom, he would like to invite Y O U to his first boating party.

Spend a lazy day on a sunny lakeside shore reading or napping.

OR pick some flowers with Anne Elliot.

OR take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to some of his naval stories.

I should mention, Capt Wentworth is still quite the bachelor, so feel free to turn on your feminine charms.

Please RSVP here in comments - let me know if you're coming.

Books featured:

Captain Wentworth’s Diary
by Amanda Grange

None But You
Frederick Wentworth, Captain: Book 1
by Susan Kaye

other books to be mentioned during the event...

To prepare for the festivities, you may want to read Persuasion by Jane Austen or watch any of the movie adaptations as a quick refresher.

READ Persuasion online (free)

GET Kindle version (free)

HEAR Persuasion online (free)

WATCH Persuasion DVD:
1960 - with Daphne Anderson and Paul Daneman
1971 - with Ann Firbank and Bryan Marshall
1995 - with Amanda Root and CiarĂ¡n Hinds
2007 - TV version with Sally Hawkins and Rupert Penry-Jones

If you MUST have a print copy...

--~ Book Giveaway ~--

by Jane Austen

Open to all.

Offer ends: May 22, 2011

Tell me what you will include in your picnic basket to this boating party.

AND, leave your email (if I don't already have it)


Contest has ended - winner is here


* source for boating party

* in conjunction with Jane in June hosted by Book Rat

~~~ captain wentworth's boating party schedule ~~~


  1. Of course I'm coming!
    I am going to take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to some of his naval stories... how could I resist him?!*_*
    I adore Persuasion and I am in love with Captain Wentworth. >_<

  2. I'm there picking flowers with Anne.

  3. I'll take a book for a bit onshore reading.

    spamscape [at] gmail [dot] com

  4. A day with Capt. Wentworth? Who could miss it!


  5. I'm definitly there, if only to lay on the shore and read. And I want to make sure there are some of those little tea sandwiches in the basket for the picnic!

  6. Something delicious to eat mmmmm.


  7. I would take with me first of all an umbrella then some fruits. water, sandwiches and books.
    Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors.
    Thank you!

  8. Oh, I'm definitely in the boat with Captain Wentworth! ;)

    Persuasion is my all-time favorite book, so I'm looking forward to this event. Thanks!

  9. yup..i'm coming..and i'll take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to his naval stories.:)

  10. In my picnic basket I'd take some chocolate and a poetry book. :P

    kah_cherub at hotmail dot com

  11. I love Captain Wentworth and Anne. Maybe he could give the men in our lives a seminar on how to write the perfect love letter :)

  12. Sounds delightful. I'll be there with my parasol in hand. I'll pack cucumber sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of elderberry wine.

    Persuasion is my all-time favorite Jane Austen novel. This should be fun. Thanks for the invitation.

  13. Thank you so much for the invitation. I am greatly enjoying today's boat ride and picnic! It is a wonderful respite from my daily regime. I am currently re-reading Persuasion for perhaps the hundredth time, while hard at work writing a new Jane Austen-inspired novel-- so your outing could not have come at a better time. After the party, I invite all of you to call on me at!

  14. We are going to have so much fun!!


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu