Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Reaper by Rachel Vincent

Reaper
by Rachel Vincent

Published: 2010
Genre: Novella, Paranormal, YA
ebook
Rating: 4

Description from the amazon:
Tod Hudson was a typical teenager. He liked girls, sports, food and tolerated his younger brother, Nash. In fact, he had his whole life in front of him--and due to his bean sidhe heritage, it was going to be a very long life indeed. And then the car accident occurred.

Suddenly Tod's future wasn't so sure, and he had to make a choice. Life... Death... or something Between....

An ebook exclusive Soul Screamers series novella.

fyi: kindle version currently for free

Soul Screamers series:
My Soul to Steal
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Lose

Notable tidbit:
What most of the human race didn't know was that where they heard a head-splitting scream, male "bean sidhes"--like me and Nash--heard an eerie, compelling song calling out to disembodied souls, keeping them from moving on.
-location 79


Zombie sighting:
Still, I had to know... "So, would you say I'm closer to a zombie or a vampire? I gotta know--are my parts going to rot and fall off, or am I forever frozen in youthful perfection?"
-location 542


My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): corporeal
I have not read this series. BUT, now I want to.

I was taken with this introduction to the character, Tod. His personality is likable and charming.

Tod is a "bean sidhe" aka banshee that has turned grim reaper. This novella tells the story behind Tod's transformation and his start at this new occupation.

If you've read this series, let me know if what you think. Is it worth giving a try?

~* paranormal play in ya schedule *~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu