Thursday, June 9, 2011

Captain Wentworth's Boating Party: attendees

Captain Wentworth's Boating Party
a virtual book event
based on Persuasion by Jane Austen
June 8-10, 2011


MEET the fellow attendees of this outing.

HEAR how they are spending their time.

SEE how they are adorned.

JOIN in (if you haven't already).

Lady AimeeKay: I'm definitly there, if only to lay on the shore and read. And I want to make sure there are some of those little tea sandwiches in the basket for the picnic!


Lady Anna: Oh, I'm definitely in the boat with Captain Wentworth! ;)

Lady Audra:


Lady BrittanyGale: Something delicious to eat mmmmm.

Lady Diana: I would take with me first of all an umbrella then some fruits. water, sandwiches and books.

Lady Dovile: I'll take a book for a bit onshore reading.

Lady Freda: I'm there picking flowers with Anne.
And, sure enough. She brought her tankini!


Lady Giada: I am going to take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to some of his naval stories... how could I resist him?!*_*


Lady Juju: Oh how fun!

Lady Karla: In my picnic basket I'd take some chocolate and a poetry book. :P

Lady krysykat: We are going to have so much fun!!


Lady Lieder: A day with Capt. Wentworth? Who could miss it!

Lady Maria Rica: yup..i'm coming..and i'll take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to his naval stories.:)

Lady mbreakfield: I want to take a boat ride with Captain Wentworth!


Lady phastings: Sounds delightful. I'll be there with my parasol in hand. I'll pack cucumber sandwiches, chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of elderberry wine.

Lady stacybuckeye: I love Captain Wentworth and Anne. Maybe he could give the men in our lives a seminar on how to write the perfect love letter :)

Lady Syrie: Thank you so much for the invitation. I am greatly enjoying today's boat ride and picnic! It is a wonderful respite from my daily regime. I am currently re-reading Persuasion for perhaps the hundredth time, while hard at work writing a new Jane Austen-inspired novel-- so your outing could not have come at a better time. After the party, I invite all of you to call on me at www.syriejames.com!

Lady Vee: I shall sit with Captain Wentworth a spell and listen to tales of the sea.


~Jane in June Giveaway~

Austen Country DVD
signup to win this at Book Rat

Austen Country, located in Hampshire, a county in southern England, filled with rural countrysides and seaside resorts, was home and inspiration to famous author, Jane Austen. (It was also the birthplace of Charles Dickens, but as you can see from the title, this DVD is not about him.) Although Jane Austen moved several times throughout her life, the majority of her time was spent in Hampshire county. For Jane Austen, living in Hampshire, amongst the hills and its natural beauties, was where she found happiness, peace, and inspiration. In this informative and engaging documentary of Hampshire, viewers are enabled to travel on a walking tour of Jane Austen's England and journey to places “where she lived, holidayed, visited, and vividly immortalized in her novels.”


~*~

* image source for lady vee seaside fashion

* doings are based on comments from the invite

* fashions and image sources are based on comments on fashion advice

* if you are not listed here, feel free to join in, how would you like to spend your time at the boating party?

Spend a lazy day on a sunny lakeside shore reading or napping.

OR pick some flowers with Anne Elliot.

OR take a ride in a boat with Captain Wentworth and listen to some of his naval stories.

AND

Send me a link to a picture of a regency period clothing or accessory that you are wearing to captain wentworth's boating party

~~~ captain wentworth's boating party schedule ~~~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu