Saturday, November 19, 2011

Guest: Duchess de Borde

Duchess de Borde
Salutations to one and all. I am the Duchess de Borde.

I forever wear black thus causing tongues to wag as to whether or not I am in mourning or simply a mysterious personage. The truth is that black flatters my blonde hair and serves to conceal chocolate crumbs upon my gown.

I am allergic to insipid men and the number 12.

After witnessing what transpired *a-hem* between him and Lady Cee in the party scene post here, the Duchess de Borde is so bold as to approach the wickedly handsome Mr Wickham.

Would you dare converse with Mr Wickham if he turned an eye to you?

Would you dance with him even if you knew he would break your heart?

Bit o'sip sip gossip...

Did you know...

Caroline Bingley
A Continuation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice
by Jennifer Becton
visit Austenesque Reviews
for the giveaway here -ends Nov 25

When Charles Bingley and Mr. Darcy made proposals of marriage to the Bennet sisters at the end of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Caroline Bingley was both distressed by her brother's choice of bride and humiliated by Mr. Darcy's rejection of her. And she made her objections known.

Now banished from her brother's household, Caroline must return to her mother's home in the north of England until she can make amends with both Bennet sisters. Desperate though Caroline may be to return to polite company, she absolutely refuses to apologize to Miss Elizabeth Bennet, and instead, she seeks an alternative route back into society in the form of Mr. William Charlton, heir to a barony.

Through her connections with Mr. Charlton's sister Lavinia, Caroline begins to infiltrate the household in the hopes of securing the gentleman and his title for herself. However, she must also contend with her vexing emotions regarding Mr. Patrick Rushton, a once-wealthy landowner, and the meddlesome opinions of Mrs. Rosemary Pickersgill, the companion sent by her brother.

When all that Caroline has ever dreamed of attaining--an ancient family name, a title, and a home of her own--is finally within her reach, will she grasp for it even if it means disregarding the workings of her own heart? Or will she cast off the trappings of society and give herself to true love?



* guest post is based on Pemberley Ball RSVPs

* image source gown for Duchess de Borde aka MAD

* image source Mr Wickham

~~- Pemberley Ball schedule -~~


  1. With what did Wickham purchase his commission? It is known that he is not of good fortune. Untitled, the son of a servant- I can only be grateful for the wisdom born of my years, which I am pleased to share with every young lady with whom I make acquaintance. He dare not turn an eye to me as he knows of what I am capable.

  2. I will have to ask dear lady de Borde where she got her dress. My good friend Voodoo Bride will clobber me if I don't try to find out which salon made that gorgeous creation.

  3. With a wicked glint in her [beautiful as a sailor's dream] eye, the Duchess approached the vain-glorious Wickham. He raised one lascivious brow in question to the Duchess' sensual smile.

    Leaning in just close enough to maintain propriety, the Duchess pressed an assignation into Wickham's hand whilst slipping an over-ripe shrimp inside his vest pocket.

    There! Let that teach the young dandy a lesson!

    The Duchess struggled to keep the sensuous promise on her face while imagining Wickham's shock upon discovering his assignation turned out to be a rendevous with the scullery wench [who had crooked teeth, a crooked nose and was a staunch suffragette with scant patience for arrogant men!]. That would set the rascal down a peg or two!

    Her work complete, the Duchess sallied off to discuss the fine art of dress-making with dear Lord Swineberg.

  4. Her Grace, the duchess is a rogue. Even my foreigner's eye can see this and appreciate with amusement her need to make a statement in black.

    As to that too ripe and ready by half Wickham, I will avoid the introduction as long as possible. My dear Guirdano would not approve such an er- well I struggle to use the term, gentleman to be a member of my acquaintance.

  5. Oh yes black is so fitting for you then - one must never know how much chocolate a lady takes

  6. He is a very charming man, but, since my father has depleted my dowry, he pays me little mind.
    Lady Margaret


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu