Sunday, December 27, 2009

In My Mailbox - 24


Received in my email box:

I Want You Back!
(chapters 1 to 4)
a free E- chapter book (with illustrations)
by E. Van Lowe

Description from author:
I Want You Back! is a funny, thrilling paranormal YA novella. It is the story of 16 year-old Emy Grant, who uses magic to ensnare the boy of her dreams. The illustrations are being done by my good friend, artist, Tatiana.

Excerpt:
To begin with, I'm not a nice girl. Don't get me wrong , I used to be a nice girl. I used to be kind and helpful, considerate and thoughtful. The kind of girl who went to all of her boyfriend's games, even thought she hates basketball; the kind of girl who helped her boyfriend study for his English final while she should have been studying for her own calculus final — and maybe she would have done better than that C; the kind of girl that the boys at school lovingly call, oh, what's that cut little name they have for us again? Oh, yes — Doormat.

That was me six weeks ago. A doormat. Someone to be stepped on and walked all over. And trust me, my former boyfriend, Devin, put my doormatedness to full use. But not anymore. Nice girls finish last, and Emy Elizabeth Garnett is a winner.

Did you get your copy?
If not...
Sign up to get your free copy.

AND

Read about Easter Eggs in Tatiana's artwork.

AND

Be on the lookout for E's New Years Free Book Giveaway!


*** My Giveways ***

-these all end on December 31, 2009

Day 10 - 12 Blogs of Christmas prize

Rot by Michele Lee

Hunger Games book 1 or 2 or 3 by Suzanne Collins

Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford

Robots & Donuts by Eric Joyner

I Kissed A Zombie And I Liked It by Adam Selzer

-these offers end next year:

Dawn of the Dreadfuls by Jane Austen and Steve Hockensmith
-ends March 24, 2010

Book from your wish list
Mad Men Challenge
-offer ends November 30, 2010


*In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren and inspired by Pop Culture Junkie. A post where we share books acquired via mailbox, library, store, etc.

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu