Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Guest: Lady Sukey Mendenwood

While we walk through the foyer, we meet...

Lady Sukey Mendenwood

I am the elder sister of the seventh Marquis of Mendenwood. I have heard tell that my grandnephew and niece were invited to this ball by Miss Darcy and have come in hopes of meeting them.

Behold! it is Mr Darcy in conversation with Mr Bingley near the doorway.

He turns as you approach.

What do you dare say?


* guest post is based on Pemberley Ball RSVPs

* image source gown for Lady Sukey Mendenwood aka Debra Brown

* image source Mr Darcy

~~- Pemberley Ball schedule -~~


  1. The Duchess de Borde enters and returns a polite nod from the stately Lady Mendenwood. Both the illustrious Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley extend their greetings to the ladies. As Mr. Bingley bowed over the Duchess' hand with a flourish, she tapped him on the top of his head with her fan and whispered, "is that a cummerbund in your pocket or are you glad to see me, Mr. Bingley?"

    The Duchess was rewarded for her impertinence with a hearty laugh from the astonished Bingley. The good Mr. Darcy remained composed but offered a sly wink as he ushered her into the ballroom.

  2. The gentlemen bow over my barely controlled shaking' in my outstretched gloved hand. It is the Master of Pemberley in the flesh.

    "Buenasera Signore Darcy and Signore Bingley, mille grazie for your kind invitation to the Conte Guirdano and myself. These is our first Inglese ball."

  3. Velvet, so many lovely books and cover designs. I'm in heaven.

    My Darcy Vibrates…


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu