an Alice in Wonderland
one-day virtual book event
June 29, 2011
O frabjous day!
Welcome to a day with Alice!
Schedule of events:
details and links will be filled in after posted
per usual links are also on the sidebar
note: as this is a one-day event, posts will go up hourly between 5am-5pm
5am: welcome and schedule
6am: Borogoves, Toves and the Raths
- My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
7am: Jub jub bird
- Everything Alice: The Wonderland Book of Makes and Bakes
by Hannah Read-Baldry and Christine Leech
- Jabberwocky by Daniel Coleman
- Bandersnatch by Paul Tremblay and Sean Wallace
10am: Maze begins
- This Is a Book by Demetri Martin
11am: Thing of Things
- Alice Meets Ollie by Daniel Coleman
Alice Meets CatKid by Brian James
- CatKid: I'm No Fraidy Cat! by Brian James
1pm: Fingers Forest
- Broken: A Paranormal Romance by David H. Burton
- Alice: Madness Returns by American McGee
- Follow My Lead by Kate Noble
4pm: Captain Jack Racine
- The Sky: The World by Jessica McHugh
5pm: Maze ends
- Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
6pm: End Credits
Announcement: of giveaway for Hatter
Announcement: winners for giveaways that ended July 31
Announcement: winners for giveaways that ended August 14
Giveaway: RSVP for Alice-related prize
Giveaway: My Life Undecided by Jessica Brody
Giveaway: Hatter by Daniel Coleman
Giveaway: Jabberwocky by Daniel Coleman
Giveaway: CatKid: I'm No Fraidy Cat! by Brian James
Giveaway: Broken: A Paranormal Romance by David H. Burton
Giveaway: Follow My Lead by Kate Noble
Giveaway: The Sky: The World by Jessica McHugh
Giveaway: Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
and so it begins...
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
(first two stanzas)
read the complete poem
by Lewis Carroll
It is a hot summer afternoon and we sit with our Alice beside the tum tum tree. Alice spies movement in the hedges over yonder. We walk across the lawn and witness toves in the wabe.
Let's get in queue! Alice squeals with glee.
So, we too gyre and gimble...
* this schedule also houses complete books mentioned for this event.