Monday, May 17, 2010

Steampunk Weekly - 5.17.10


Eva noticed Mary Ann was a bit pale after looking at the list of MAPS members.

My dear, Mary Ann, may I offer you some chocolate. Eva went to the console table to retrieve her stash of chocolate from Switzerland.

Freda did not hesitate to say, Those look divine! May I?

Amanda Leigh's eyes sparkled with expectation. No need to ask.

Eva's chocolate box was passed around the room a couple times or maybe more.

Freda helped herself yet to another cup of tea before she worked the spine of her book to reveal a secret compartment.

She extracted a shiny piece of hardware and handed it to Eva.

Eva plugged the shiny into her Lovelace device and found several files. The files were from other Society members, Stella, Titania and Marjorie. These files were most likely responses to her previous inquiries. She would read those at her leisure.

Freda pointed to the file that was most urgent. Christa received this letter which has been transcribed here word-for-word.

Mary Ann and Amanda Leigh looked on.

~*~

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY
DOCUMENT #090

Dear respectful one.

It's my pleasure to contact you for a business venture which I intend to establish with you in your country, though we have not met before but one have to believe in someone before having a success.

I am 21 years old the only child of my late parent Late Mr & Mrs Bomaki Zamaba, Native of San Padro, republic of Ivory Coast or ( Coté d'Ivoire ). Due to the series of continuous war in our country for multiple years ago, there is this huge amount of Ten Million, five hundred thousand U.S dollars ($10.500, 000.00) which my late father deposited in finance firm in Ivory Coast here before he was assassinated by some unknown enemies.

Now I have decided to invest this money in your country or anywhere safe enough for security and political reasons. I urge that you help me to invest this fund in your country in any lucrative venture you discover good.

Now permit me to ask these few questions:-

1. Can you honestly help me as your Friend?
2. Can I completely trust you?
3. Can you get me a good school for the continuation of my educational Carrier which was disrupts by the sudden death of my parents?

If you can be of an honest and sincere assistance to me, I will be pleased to offer to you 15% of the total fund for your kind and humane assistance.

Further details will be made known to you upon the confirmation of your interest to assist me.

I am immensely waiting for your urgent response

With due regards,

Miss Madelinemaya Zamaba

-end-

~*~

Jade smiled at Jane when they saw Sullivan McPig looking up from this rooting for truffles.

Jane added, And there is a new site we've located for more of your beloved zombie creatures, Undead in the Head Book Reviews. You must visit there if you haven't already.


Sullivan was at attention as he took in the zombie goodness. He turned quickly to leave his post at a trot. He must seek his owner so that he could relay the extraordinary zombie discoveries.

Jane and Jade looked at each other in surprise.

I say, Jade, I did not expect him to run away. How are we to find out any news from the Netherlands?

Best not to feed him too much zombie next time. But look, is that not his owner walking up the path?

~*~

...and so, Sullivan and I have been working with some of the Society associates on the project. stated Sullivan McPig's owner.

How long have you been in town? asked Celia.

Oh, about 3 weeks now. I am on my way to see the Professor.

Me as well. My Lovelace device has not been working properly and she does have a way with mechanics, Celia said.

A-ha, there is Sullivan. As Sullivan's owner pointed to McPig he started bounding away towards town.

He looks like he is in a hurry. Did he not know you were coming this way? asked Celia.

Nay. I started this way from a message just received from the Professor. Sullivan is a wonder. When something catches his fancy, he is of one mind.

~*~

As Sullivan ran to town he passed a couple ladies taking a stroll Natassia and Giada. They were in deep conversation that they did not notice the flash of pig that passed them by.

Sullivan did not see his owner shopping amongst the various vendors in the square so he decided to go home.

When Sullivan reached the vacation cottage his mistress was nowhere to be found. Miss Throuthehaze was in her garden next door and spotted the pig in distress.

Sullivan. Poor Sullivan. Lookin' fer yer mistress, are ye? She's gone up to McGregor Castle, she has.

At that, Sullivan, turned around was about to run back up the path from which he came. But instead, collided into Miss Buddyt and Miss Elizabeth who came a-calling.

story flash back -~- flash forward

~*~
Dreaming steampunk:

Cold Magic
by Kate Elliott
book 1 of Spiritwalker
- fantasy/steampunk trilogy
Release date: September 9, 2010

~*~

SteamPink week... June 4-12, 2010 (some details here)

SteamPink (my definition) = female heroine stories with romance, adventure or mystery in a steampunk world

The SteamPink train is coming...

Get your ticket to ride.

Redeem your ticket during SteamPink week and be eligible to win a steampunk book ;-D

Open to all.

TO DO:

Comment below with your email and I will send you a ticket.

~*~

* image source steampunk USB

* spotted Cold Magic at Book Chick City

* image source steam train

* part of Jane and Jade Escapades, my steampunk story in which commenters may be incorporated into the story and have guest appearances the following week.

* my weekly post on things steampunk (Victorian sci-fi/fantasy)

* totally inspired by steampunk posts written by Celia of adventures of cecelia bedelia

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu