Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Slytherin Gal's Favorite Book


~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Rebecca
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~

While re-watching the Harry Potter movies, I started to think about the books and the differences between the two. I really enjoyed the books a lot more than the movies, because the books had more detail, yet we weren’t being provided with what the characters looked like or the whole atmosphere of Hogwarts. So, today I have decided that my guest post is going to be on my favourite Harry Potter book and why.

My favourite Harry Potter book is book number six, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Why? For starters it reminded me of the first three books, it wasn’t a huge tome and there was more of the schoolyard mystery that surrounded the first three.

To me, it felt like the sixth book was a way to bring in the serious elements that would be present in the first book, but also to make it seem more of a light hearted mystery like back in the days before the return of Voldemort.

My favourite part about Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince would have to be the mystery surrounding the half-blood prince. It wasn’t related to Voldemort, or Horcruxes or the Prophecy so it was really exciting and something new to read about. Being my favourite part of the book I felt it was a little under done in the movie, but you can’t have everything.

The Half-Blood prince had so many great moments, not just the mystery of the Half-Blood Prince. There were some really sad moments, mostly at the end, and then there were a few humorous moments. Of course, there was also the Ron and Hermione battling each other parts.

So what I’m saying, is that Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is my favourite book because it adds to the overall story of Voldemort vs Harry and the seven Horcruxes, and it also has the side story of the Half-Blood Prince. That is why it is my favourite book of the Harry Potter series.

~end

Harry Potter post created for Hufflepuff House Party by Rebecca of Everything To Do With Books
© 2010. All rights reserved.

~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~
by Rebecca
~-~-~-~-~ guest ~-~-~-~-~


Hogwarts gals want to know...

What was your favorite book from the series?

My favorite is Book 4: Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire.

Don't forget: your comment counts towards the CSN grabaway.

Hufflepuff House
Movie Re-Watch Party

where the butterbeer flows freely
and the garlic chips are aplenty
~ schedule ~


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu