Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pemberley Ball End Credits


We gather in the foyer as the servants collect shawls, cloaks and other personal belongings.

Everyone is atwitter about the last two Darcys today (Regina's and Titania's)!

Who knew such creatures existed!

Some guests are recovering with smelling salts.

Mr and Mrs Darcy hand out chocolates for a boost of energy.

What? did you not receive a chocolate?

Come, come, then leave your calling card (comment with email) in the bowl yonder and you may receive some in the post... if luck is with you.

And, leaving a calling card (comment) will also garner a visit from Lady Vee at your home (blog).


And we at Pemberley Ball give you a final hugs, air kisses and handshakes for your attendance this year.

Thank you for joining in the festivities and note that all giveaways end November 28, 2010.

The winners will be announced on November 30, 2010 so be sure to return for that wondrous moment.

~- THANKS TO: AUTHORS for Guest Posts and Book Giveaways -~

A Darcy Christmas ; Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange

Bargain with the Devil ; Fire and Cross by Enid Wilson

Darcy and Fitzwilliam by Karen Wasylowski

First Impressions by Alexa Adams

Phantom of Pemberley ; Vampire Darcy Desires by Regina Jeffers

The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview

The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy by Mary Simonsen


A Distant Melody by Sarah Sundin

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Clockwork and Corsets by Regina Riley aka Tonia Brown

Out of Time by Pauline Baird Jones

Random Magic by Sasha Soren & thanks for the cloak room feature

To Nourish and Consume by Ryan O'Reilly

~~- THANKS TO: fellow Bloggers -~~

Misty of Book Rat - view her mystery Darcy man

Titania of Fishmuffins of Doom

~~- THANKS TO: Guest Sponsors -~~

Austen Authors

PR by the Book


~~- THANKS TO: JA -~~

A most special thanks to
Jane Austen for giving us Mr Darcy!
and to authors who continue his story!


* image source shawls, egg

* Picnik was used for graphics creations for this event.

~~- Pemberley Ball schedule -~~


  1. I would love some chocolate :)

    raluk.93 at gmail (doT) com

  2. Alas, we must say farewell so soon:( Twas highly enjoyable and I hope we can meet for brunch, elevensies and tea soon!

    I bid you adieu!


    How did I miss the handing out of chocolates! I must have passed out beforehand and needed my smelling salts. A chocolate egg, while not good for my figure, would be delightful methinks!


    Lady Lovelace

  3. "Did anyone see Colonel Fitzwilliam leave?"
    "Why yes, I believe he left with some ladies in a carriage... "

  4. I am always terribly late to parties, and look now everyone is leaving, oh well, I did see the Mr Darcy :)

    blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com

  5. Dear Lady Vee,

    Thank you for organizing such a wonderful ball, I believe it will be the talk of the county for many weeks to come.

    It was lovely to make the acquaintance of all the lovely ladies and handsome gentlemen at the Pemberley Ball!

    I hope to see you all again this time again next year.

    Until then, wishing you all the best.

    Yours sincerely,

    Lady Katerina Rose Beresford

  6. So sad to see all the guests departing. It has been a wonderful ball. Thanks to all the Darcys and the guests for making it so entertaining.

  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

  8. I also wanted to thank Velvet for hosting this wonderful ball. It was a great opportunity to mingle with the guests and to discover wonderous new things.

  9. Velvet, What a delightful three days I had. I met so many wonderful people, some who identified themselves as bloggers. Whatever does that mean? I appreciate your including me in your plans, and I look forward to dancing in Pemberley's ballroom next year as well. Does anyone know where Lord Fitzwilliam is? Surely, he would not dare to seduce... No I shall not say it.

  10. I love chocolate and I loved the ball.
    The ladies dresses were just beautiful.

  11. Velvet, thank you for a most wonderful and enchanting ball! We had a fantastic time! The guests were terrific! Job well done!

  12. Yay! Great stuff as always, Ms. V!

    Until next time, Misté bids you adieu!

  13. Lady Godiva thanks you, Lady Vee, most mightily for three days of wondrous events! And I definitely don't mind getting my hands dirty to slay a few zombies along the way! Til next year...:)

  14. Thank you for the wonderful ball!
    throuthehaze at gmail dot com

  15. This was a pleasurable and fun event, though my dance card did not get filled. The crumpets were the best and I got some wine on my dress, but I had a good time!
    I must have misplaced my chocolate.

  16. Air kisses and waves!

    Anne Fareweather

    (Lovely, awesome, amazing theme week -- thanks to you and fellow authors/bloggers for making it so fabulous!)

  17. Chocolate! Yum yum! Me is addicted :D

    Lady Deborah Harper


  18. I would love some chocolate, too! :Q____
    Thank you for this wonderful event! ^O^

    fabgiada (at) gmail (dot) com

  19. Thank you for doing such fun events! I don't know how you do it!

  20. My dear Lady Vee,

    You did it again!
    You organised a *M*A*G*I*C*A*L* Ball!
    Thank you!

    Sincerely yours,
    Lady Violet Dujardin

    perhaps I'll forget one of my shawls as I leave and than I have to come back later to get it back.

    (... and by doing so I perhaps see another glimps of some of those handsome Darcy's that I sort of missed the first time I danced through Pemberley...)

    *oops... dropping a shawl...*

    "NO, Darcy, leave it!!!!!!!!!!!"
    (grrr, men...)
    ~~~~~~~~~~ pffft ~~~~~~~~~~>

    "Bye, bye and thanks to All Lady's (and their Darcy's) who together made this a GREAT Ball".

  21. *sees her shawl hanging over a bench in the cloakroom, sneeks in, and without she's seen by anyone, take's her shawl and runs into the night...*
    *... to her barouche that's waiting by the door*

    LOL, you didn't think a Lady would go out on foot at this hour of the night with all those vampire's and other unmentionables making the roads and blogs unsave?

    Did you?

    I thought so.

    Bye, bye, hmmm your chocolate's are yummie!
    (I couldn't resist)


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu