Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Nautical Fiction Reading Challenge for 2011

Nautical Fiction Reading Challenge
January 1 to December 31, 2011
hosted by Unabridged Chick
Signup & Details
participant links:
jan - feb - mar - apr - may - jun
jul - aug - sep - oct - nov - dec

I decided to sign up for another 2011 challenge as it is in keeping with a SEA theme I have interest in for the new year.

Read a book that involves a boat, or sailing, or sailors, or Navy life!

Dinghy: up to 5 books
Sloop: up to 10 books
Schooner: up to 15 books
Frigate: more than 20 books

I'll be a Dinghy.

Book List:
(this post will be updated throughout the year with review links)

The Choir Boats
by Daniel A. Rabuzzi - my review

Iron Duke
by Meljean Brook

The Nautical Chart
by Arturo Perez-Reverte

None But You
Frederick Wentworth, Captain: Book 1
by Susan Kaye

Post Captain
Vol. Book 2: Aubrey/Maturin series
by Patrick O'Brien


  1. Ooooo cool idea. I must ponder this one.

    Do mermaid books count?

  2. None But You was so good! Guh, just loved that book. I think I'm going to try Amanda Grange's Wentworth's Diary while I want for the third Susan Kaye book to be released!

  3. This one is definitely interesting. May have to ponder doing this challenge.

  4. Yeah, OK, I'm in. you had me at Captain Aubrey :-)

    Heck, I'm going to go some Slooping. I loves me some nautical adventures! Let's see if I can write a review entirely in narrtical jargon.

    I'll pop reviews up over at Write Thing come Jan 1.

    Given my naturally Fantastical leanings, I think I'll be throwing a bit of Scott Lynch into the mix somewhere.

    If only more steampunk novels focussed more on ironclad tankers and not this frivolous airships!


Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu