Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deadly Daggers by Joyce and Jim Lavene

Deadly Daggers
by Joyce and Jim Lavene

Published: September 2010
Genre: Mystery
Paperback: 304 pages
Rating: 4

Description from the amazon:
Jessie Morton's latest apprenticeship at the Renaissance Faire is in service to Daisy, the master swordsmith. But when a professional dueler-and Daisy's former flame-is murdered, it's up to Jessie to keep a sharp eye out for the killer.

Amusing quote:
I bet you could understand a lot better with some caffeine in your brain. I know I could. Let's hie to you bakery for our repast and a few triple-shot lattes.
- chapter 5, page 52


My two-bits:
In-a-word(s): Huzzah!
This mystery series had me with "renaissance faire". I love going to them and participating with costumes and ren speak.

I had a fun time reading this one because it went behind-the-scenes and inner workings of the faire.

The characters are very colorful too with mini-dramas here and there.

As the third book from a series, it reads well enough as a stand-alone.

fyi: there's also a Renaissance Recipe for Appyl Taryt in the end notes. Yummy!

Now, I'm going to go backwards and read the other two books in this series. And if there's a book 4, I'm going for it too ;-D

Renaissance Faire Mysteries Series:
Wicked Weaves
Ghastly Glass
Deadly Daggers

-+0+o+ Book Giveaway courtesy of author +o+0+-

signup for giveaway here


~*~

* if you haven't already, read Joyce & Jim's Wereland guest post: Alice meets WereDragon

-+0+o+ October Trix-n-Treatz schedule +o+0+-


 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu