Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Gone Girl (2014)

Gone Girl (2014)
You don't know what you've got 'til it's...

Directed by: David Fincher
Written and screenplay by: Gillian Flynn
Based on Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
-drama, mystery, thriller

Starring:
Rosamund Pike as Amy Dunne
Ben Affleck as Nick Dunne
Carrie Coon as Margo Dunne
Neil Patrick Harris as Desi Collings

My rating: 5

Per imdb:
With his wife's disappearance having become the focus of an intense media circus, a man sees the spotlight turned on him when it's suspected that he may not be innocent.

Neat-o trivia bits from imdb:

In order to figure out his character, Ben Affleck researched and studied several men who were accused and convicted of killing their wives.

He paid particular attention to Scott Peterson.


PeekInside:



My two-bits:

The movie captured the book version very well. There were slight changes or rather tweaks that gave the movie its own uniqueness. And, it left me the same way the book did. Disgruntled - however, not in a bad way. Just in a way of making me really think of the importance of character likability of protagonists in general.

I should mention that I liked the book. The twists and turns and twists in the style of storytelling was refreshing and fun to come across.

The movie cast selected were spot on which was a nice surprise. I'm starting to become more of an Affleck fan.

~*~

READ the original...

Gone Girl
by Gillian Flynn
Amazon | Goodreads | my review

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu