Thursday, October 16, 2014

Japanese Literature Challenge 8

Japanese Literature Challenge 8
hosted by Dolce Bellezza
June 1, 2014 and January 30, 2015
details | review links

Details:
Read one work of Japanese origin. It can be literature of course, but don’t feel confined to that. You may choose to read poetry, biographies, short stories or even manga.

~*~

COULD NOT resist.

I decided to add one more challenge to my reading schedule for the year - mostly because I wanted to work on my Japanese tbr pile.

~*~

My reading list:

Evil and the Mask
by Fuminori Nakamura
-horror, Japan, thriller
Amazon | Goodreads

The Thief
by Fuminori Nakamura
-Japan, mystery, thriller
Amazon | Goodreads

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
by Haruki Murakami
-japanese, contemporary fiction
Amazon | Goodreads
my review

~*~

*spotted this challenge on sidebar of Words and Peace

2 comments:

  1. great move and great choice! I enjoyed The Thief, and well Murakami is one of my favorite authors, I loved a lot his latest

    ReplyDelete
  2. You & my daughter would make a good pair w/this lol- she loves her Japanese literature! I tried to read 1Q84 and struggled with it, must try again soon as she thought it was excellent. Not sure what all she's read, but I'll jot these titles down to have her check them out :D <3

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Images from: Lovelytocu